Jaskier: Come With Me

Jaskier X Female Reader

Summary: Jaskier and Geralt attend a royal betrothal that you just so happen to be attending. Though, it quickly becomes clear that it isn't an accident.

Word count: 2800

How did he end up here again? A question Geralt had been asking himself since he walked into this place dressed like a sad silk trader. Of course, the answer was simple, the bard had dragged him here to serve as his protection for the evening.

"Why are we here again?" Geralt asked, not understanding why attending this celebration was really necessary.

"I am here to perform at a royal betrothal! But of course you hog all the fanfare" Jaskier reminded him, huffing slightly in annoyance.

"You asked me to come, I could leave if that's what you want" Geralt shrugged, seemingly uninterested.

"No, you're here for a purpose" Jaskier insisted.

"Right" Geralt grunted. "Anyone in particular I should be watching out for?" he asked but got no response.

Furrowing his brow in frustration and confusion, he looked to Jaskier to figure out why he had suddenly gone silent. He found the bard staring off across the hall with a utterly love struck expression. Following his gaze, Geralt gave a small huff of amusement when he saw what Jaskier was looking at.

"Is she the real reason we are here?" Geralt asked, getting the bard's attention.

"She is wonderful, isn't she?" Jaskier smiled as he looked back at the Witcher, not even denying that you had stolen his attention.

Geralt just shook his head at him. "Should I be worrying about a disgruntled husband?" he asked, he didn't plan on slaughtering somebody just because Jaskier couldn't keep it in his pants.

"Perhaps an irate father, he surely isn't a fan of me, though I don't understand why. I'm a delight. No husband though" Jaskier assured him.

"Involved with a women who isn't wed...I'm almost impressed" Geralt mused. "She must be special for you to risk your hide coming here" he hummed.

"Oh she is! Obviously, she's beautiful, I'm sure even you can admit that, but she is so much more. She is as intelligent as she is stunning, a sharp wit and sense of humour. She has a love for art and enjoys listening to my music" Jaskier gushed, giving more information that the Witcher had asked for.

"So she is hard of hearing?" Geralt asked with a small smirk.

"You are a cruel man" Jaskier practically pouted as he huffed to himself.

"Who is she anyway?" Geralt asked more seriously this time.

"Y/n L/n, the only daughter of the L/n family. Though, she doesn't seem all that fond of it" Jaskier told him.

"Just try not to get killed" Geralt advised before walking away, leaving Jaskier to his own devices.

Jaskier glanced around the event for a moment before his gaze landed on you again. As always, you looked absolutely regal. You were wearing a fine dress that complimented your complexion perfectly, hugging your curves in all the right places and falling looser past your hips as the material gracefully danced around your feet. And, of course, the elegant dress was paired with expensive jewels. However Jaskier thought that they just couldn't compare to your eyes or smile.

Unsurprisingly, you were practically surrounded by noblemen, most likely all seeking to court you or gain your attention in some way. With a confidence that only Jaskier could muster, he placed his lute down somewhere safe before sauntering over to you.