𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕖𝕟𝕕

Jerry's POV

The nurse has been walking quietly around the room for a while now, looking through the window other times when she's not looking at me. I pretend to be asleep,otherwise she would force me to take sleeping pill.

I don't want to sleep. All kinds of thoughts are running through my head right now, starting from the fact so many doctors entered Jungkook's room today and I couldn't read the expressions they had on their faces. Is he really...?

I'm afraid that the answer is yes and it's hurting me more than this stupid cancer. I don't want him to wait for me for a long time. I feel ready to join him up there, and I'm going to do it tonight.

My eye slightly opens and catch the sight of a nurse yawning. Couple of seconds later, she finally leaves the room and once I'm sure she's out of the sight, I move the blanket and carefully leave the bed.

Since they keep away all the sharp things away from the patients, there is nothing that can make this easier. Lucky for me, my room is on the first floor, at the very back so no one would disturb me. I struggle opening the window, looking behind me to make sure the nurse is not coming back.

As I open the window widely and get ready to jump out, I get startled upon feeling two cold arms wrap around me from behind. My body abnormally tenses but I can't move. I'm too scared to turn around, actually thinking that nurse caught me in the middle of an action.

The person presses their forehead on my shoulder and soon enough, my pajama is wet. That's weird, why would nurse cry?

But it's not the nurse.

"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒐, 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖?"

Wait, that voice...

But..

I slowly turn around and he loosens the grip around me, still keeping his arms there. My eyes find his and for me, time stops and tears build up. His bamby eyes stare back at me, shining under the moonlight.

For a moment, I forget how to breathe, the thought of this being just a dream flying in the back of my head. He's not real, he will vanish. So just enjoy the moment. I tell myself. Or, what if I died already and he came to take me with him?

A tear escapes my eye as I slowly reach my hand to touch his cheek. I smile at the thought that I can still feel him.

"What were you trying to do just now?" he gently whispers, looking at nothing but me. "Why didn't you come into my room? You thought slidding the letters under the door is the best idea?" We stay silent for a while. Then, another tear falls as I respond weakly.

"I wanted to join you. I wrote those letters for you, to leave something behind before I go."

"But, Jerry," he says, lifting his hands and resting them on both sides of my face, "I joined you. I'm alive."

My lips tremble. "You.. really?"

He smiles and nods. "Of course. I could never leave you alone, dumbo."

I immediatelly wrap my arms around his neck and hold him tightly, taking in his scent. I missed every part of him..

He hugs me back with one hand and carreses my hair with other. "Why are you still wearing a wig?"

I pull away and smile. "Got bored of my hairstyle." he reaches for the wig and takes it off, staring at me with the same amount of love.

"You don't need it, you're beautiful this way." Hearing that, I can't keep it inside no longer and i burst out crying. Jungkook notices and instantly brings me into a hug.

"What's the point? I will die anyway..." 

"No, love." he speaks, his voice stronger and more serious this time. "No one is dying. It's not our time yet, you said it yourself. I am here, I will support you forever. So please," he pulls away and kisses my forehead,

"keep fighting, for me. Just like i fought for you."

Those words pinch my heart. "Promise me." he says and looks at my eyes.

I smile and nod. "I promise.

𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒘𝒊𝒏. 𝑭𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖."

𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕖𝕟𝕕 ꨄ︎