At this moment, Shi Feng would have never imagined that his casual remark meant to anger Lan Hailong and Zhang Luowei would become Ling Feilong's new goal.

\---

Inside the Flame God's Cave, Shi Feng took out one of the Flaming Sun Scriptures from his bag. He then opened the book, reading the incantations inside.

All of a sudden, the Flaming Sun Scripture ignited, emitting dazzling golden flames. As if the fire-type mana within the Flame God's Cave had transformed into soldiers, it all charged towards the golden flame, submitting to it. The golden flame was like an emperor among flames.

In reality, it wasn't just the fire-type mana that was affected. Even Shi Feng's Ice-Blue Devil Flame felt restless, giving off the notion of submission.

"Just what kind of flame is it?" Shi Feng looked at the bundle of golden flame; his heart filled with curiosity. 

"To cause even the Tier 2 Ice-Blue Devil Flame to submit, if this flame had a rank, I wonder what tier it belonged to? It should be at least Tier 3, possibly Tier 4." If Shi Feng could absorb this bundle of golden flame, his strength might rise to a whole new level.

Unfortunately, this flame was not a Mysterious Flame, so Shi Feng had no way of absorbing it.

After a minute passed, the golden flame sank into Shi Feng's body after it absorbed a sufficient amount of fire-type mana. Instantly, a new status effect appeared on Shi Feng's status bar.

[Flaming Sun's Blessing]

Increases Fire Resistance by 100 points and reduces damage from fire-type attacks by 90%. All fire-type damage received has a 20% chance to recover an equivalent amount of HP. Damage dealt towards fire-type monsters increased by 100%. Duration of two hours.

Effective only within the Flame God's Cave.

In reality, the Flaming Sun Scripture's original purpose was simply for the convenience of players when grinding in a hot environment. However, when used inside the Flame God's Cave, where the density of fire-type mana was extremely high, its effects increased by manyfold. Hence why the Ranger in Shi Feng's previous life was able to solo the Elite monsters and Chieftain ranked Bosses here.

To begin with, Shi Feng already had 20 points of Fire Resistance. Now that he gained an additional 100 points, normal fire attacks would only be an itch to him. Not to mention, there was also the 90% damage reduction to fire-type attacks. This increase was just too awesome.

With the Flaming Sun's Blessing, Shi Feng boldly advanced deeper into the Flame God's Cave.

There were multiple pathways in the Flame God's Cave, and it was extremely spacious. Players could easily get lost in the cave. This, however, was not a problem for Shi Feng. The Flame God's Cave was like his own backyard, and very quickly, he located a lone Level 25 Lava Hound lying on solidified, blackened lava.

[Lava Hound] (Common Monster)

Level 25

HP 5,400/5,400

The Lava Hound was several sizes larger compared to a normal lion. Its entire body emitted red flames; its skin was a dark yellow, and it had a pair of large, crimson eyes. Detecting Shi Feng's presence, the Lava Hound abruptly stood; its blood-red eyes glared at Shi Feng as it let out a low, angry growl. The Lava Hound's sharp claws easily shattered a chunk of charred rock.

Just as Shi Feng unsheathed the Abyssal Blade and Silver Lake, the Lava Hound spat a mouthful of flames at Shi Feng.

Without holding anything back, Shi Feng activated the Ice-Blue Devil Flame, covering his entire body with a deep-blue flame. He then charged at the ball of flames head-on.