This Has Gone on Long Enough

I stand like a fool for a moment, watching swords clash, arrows leave bows, and bodies falling. I scan the crowd for several people.

First, Hans. I find him battling a man who I think has no chance. To my surprise, he tries to bring his sword down on Hans’ arm. I defensively bring my arm up, watching the ice go across the ground to where he is standing. He slips on the ice and Hans finishes him. He gives a look in between a thank you and a smirk, knowing it was me.

I slip through the crowd full of fighting soldiers. If anyone comes near me, I blast them with ice. I fight my way to Hans.

“Nice of you to join us.” He says, bringing a sword down on an attacker. “Have a sword.” He says, taking a sword from the snow.

I take it and we take down anyone who comes near us. It seems we are winning, and then everything goes wrong. A strong blast of snow blows nearly everyone to the ground, including me.

“Elsa?” Hans asks.

“That wasn’t me!” I reply back through the blinding snow.

I feel someone grasp my arm, I look up to see Hans. He takes my hand and looks at me.

“This isn’t you?” He asks.

“No, and I can’t stop it!” I say, trying to halt the snow.

Next thing I know, a dome of ice covers me, separating me from Hans. I bang my hands against the walls of the dome to no avail. It shirks, closing in on me until I’m kneeling. I feel it get tighter and tighter until I have no room to move. Then it cracks and I’m lifted into the air by a hovering cage of ice. It floats up into the air as the snow stops. I hear a laugh.

“We told you, Elsa, you can’t beat us!” I hear the Duke sneer.

“What?” I mumble in shock under my breath.

He brings up his hands and the cage of ice floats near. It all comes to me. It wasn’t me who created the snow storm, it was him. I didn’t nearly freeze all those people to death, it was him.

“Do you realize how many lives you endangered?” I shout at him.

“No one will care. Once you ‘loyal subjects’ find out how you’ve been plotting to kill them, I won’t even have to kill you.” The Duke explains with a smirk on his face.

“What are you trying to achieve?” I scream.

“You and your sister stopped me from taking over Arendelle once, it won’t happen again.” The Duke says before waving his hand.

The cage dropped to the ground at an incredible speed. I waited for the collision with the snowy ground. I bring my hand up and slow down the drop as much as I can. I collide with the ground and feel my body ache. I lay on the ground for a moment, not wanting to move. I feels hands wrap around my arms. I look up, it’s Hans and Kristoff.

“No.” I whisper, shrugging them off.

I shakily stand up on my own and look the Duke dead in the eyes.

“You can’t win.” I say, looking him dead in the eyes with a glare.

I bring my hands up and two large snow monsters form. They roar and a snowy mist leaves their mouth, freezing anything in its path. I watch as they go to where the Duke is, crushing any guard who dares to challenge them. One of them picks up the Duke, keeping his hands at his side so he can’t use his ice powers.

I rise on an ice plate. I look him pathetically.

“Where did your powers come from?” I ask.

“I got them from you dear Elsa. You gave them to me when you visited to see Anna.” The Duke mutters.