Trust and Promise

My eyes open as I hear knocks on my door. I hear the banging on the door rise. People are trying to get in. I get up, the knocking rises. I back up against the wall as snow fills my room. Then the doors bursts open and seven or eight villagers come in. They have torches and swords. They point both at me.

"Surrender Queen Elsa." One of them says. "Where's Princess Anna?" He adds.

"None of your business." I hiss.

"Where is she?" He repeats.

I panic and look around the room.

"I will only repeat it once more, where is Princess Anna?" He repeats again.

I stare at him, giving him the death glare. Then they come forward and raise their swords towards me. I lift my hands up as one strikes. Ice comes up from the ground. It creates a wall. I do the same thing until I am protected by a dome of ice. I escape through the one side that isn't a wall of ice, towards the balcony. I throw open the door and run to the edge of the balcony. The only place I can go is the balcony on the floor below me, to the left. Hans' room. I let ice shoot from my fingertips, creating a slide to Hans' balcony. I slide to the balcony and force the slide to crack and crumble to the ground below.

I hear ice shatter, but, it wasn't from the slide. The group has broken through my ice walls. I try to open the door, but, the handle won't budge. Hans has it locked. I slam my palm on the door, then again, and again. Finally, Hans opens the door.

"Elsa?" He asks, extremely confused.

I walk in, leaving a faint trail of ice and snow behind me. He closes the door.

"What is going on?" he questions me, throwing his hands in the air.

"Please, just, be quiet. You can't tell them I'm here." I explain stressfully.

Just on time, I hear shouts from the other sides of his bedroom door.

"Ugh, great." I mutter.

"Hans, we know she is in there! Open the door! Now!" They demand.

I look at Hans.

"Please, you promised you'd never hurt Anna or me... Now this is you keeping that promise. Please don't let them in..." I plead to him.

He gives me a look I don't recognize, one I haven't seen since he arrived weeks ago. Then he goes towards the door.

"The balcony." He whispers.

I rush to the balcony and hide against the snow covered wall. I'm hidden by the door. Unless they practically check each snowflake, I don't think they'll find me. I hear shouts and then the balcony door is thrown open. I hold my breath and press my body against the wall, the snow chilling my body.

The man searches the balcony and then turns to go back inside when I accidentally move my foot, making a small noise. He heard it though. He see me and raises his sword. I hold my arms over myself to protect myself. He brings it down, but, a small ice wall shields me. The second time he breaks the wall and cuts into my side, right above my hip. Then Hans storms outside and punches the man in the stomach. His sword flies from his hand and he goes down, kneeling in the snow. Everyone else rushes to the balcony.

Hans pulls his sword from the halter, he stands in front of me as blood turns the snow red. I back up against the wall as much as I can to give Hans some room. I look at him as he slashes the sword at a man's leg, but, misses.

"Back away! Let us get to her! Weren't you the one who wanted her dead before anyway?" One of them asks Hans.

Hans stares at him for a minute.