Another Wrong Doing

I recover over a few days, but there is something inside of me that won't go away. I feel like my heart is being crushed. My poor Elisabeth is cursed, and it's my fault. I don't know what to do. I lean against my throne, thinking.

I think.

And think.

And think.

Nothing comes to me. I feel as though my mind has completely gone blank. What am I going to do? I hear the doors open and watch Hans walk into the room.

"Is something wrong?" I wonder, rising from the throne.

He gives a small smile.

"No." He replies.

I fall back down into the cushioned throne, resting my head on my hand as I press my elbow down on the arm of the chair. I hear Hans walk over behind my throne, passing between his and mine. I hear something clink together in his pocket as he takes it out. I begin to turn my head to see what it is.

"Ah, no peeking." He murmurs.

I place my head back to where it was previously, gently closing my eyes. I feel something cold wrap around the front of my neck, then around the back of my neck. I let a shiver travel up my spine, but keep my eyes closed.

"You can look now." He whispers, a smile appearing on his face.

I look down to find a beautiful necklace. I take the charm at the end between two fingers, looking at it.

"It's beautiful." I thank him, standing up from the throne and walking behind them where he stands.

I wrap my arms around his neck and feel his arms enfold around my waist. We stand there for a moment, apprizing our embrace. He plants a kiss on the top of my forehead and beams. I don't want to let go. There is so much going on, and just standing here in our embrace is comforting. And relaxing.

Our attention is brought to the doors as they swing open. Nikolaus, Kristin, and Alexander are chasing each other around. Emma is following them, but she isn't running, only walking. Nikolaus and the twins are only a few months apart, but Emma is nearly seven years older than the three.

Emma bites her bottom lip after looking at me.

"Sorry, I tried to get them to calm down." She apologizes, bringing her hands in front of her.

I give a tiny grin.

"Don't apologize, Emma, they're kids. Kids will be kids." I explain, not wanting her to apologize.

"Can't catch us, Emma!" Alexander taunts.

Emma playfully rolls her eyes and goes after them as they dash out of the room. Emma and her parents were here for Elisabeth's presentaion and decided to stay for a few days, and Emma is very good with the kids. I watch with a smile on my face. Hans approaches me from behind, placing an arm around my shoulders, and pulling me close to him. I look up at him with a smile.

"I wish..." I pause, not sure what to say.

"What is it?" He asks worriedly.

"...I just wish Elisabeth didn't have to be cursed." I breathe out, looking down at the red carpet.

"She'll be fine... besides, I'm sure she'll learn to control it." He promises me.

I blink, fear suddenly controlling my head.

I let the ice leave my fingertips, gathering the snow into a pile. I created a slide, allowing Anna to happily slide down. She flew upwards with a laugh, landing in a pile of snow. She jumped up, expecting me to create more piles of snow. I twirl my hands over and over, making the pillars higher and higher. Anna jumped faster and faster.