Chapter 13

We went back to (f/n)'s house, her inviting me to stay the night. I accepted gratefully, since I was so tired. She went into a closet, then came back out, handing me a blanket and pillow. She said I could sleep on the couch.

As she went upstairs, I didn't really care if I had to sleep on the couch. Just being under the same roof as her was enough. I drifted off.

I woke up. There was knocking on the door. Then, an old woman, maybe in her sixties came in, "(F/n), I've come to visit! You up? It's your-- (f/n), there is a man on your couch! Do I need to smack him?"

I began to feel nervous. (F/n) came down the stairs, walking slowly and sleepily, "No, grandma. He's a friend. Grandma, this is Mark, Mark this is my grandmother, (grandmother's name)."

Her grandma held out her hand. I shook it gently. Boy she was feisty person. She looked at (f/n), "You need me to make some breakfast, you look kind of skinny (f/n), you should really be eating more."

This made me smile a bit. I could see (f/n)'s cheeks flush red, she was getting embarrassed, "Grandma..."

"What dear?"

She looked ate sideways and her grandma only nodded after a second. But then she said something I have never had anyone ask me before, "Say, Mark, you look somewhat Asian, not to be rude. But I know how to speak Chinese. Do you know any Chinese? We can have a conversation."

I began to laugh. It was hilarious. (F/n) was covering her face. I didn't know any Chinese and the way (f/n)'s expression was told me neither did the grandma. Only a few words most likely. I still chuckled, "Actually I'm half Korean, I don't know any Chinese."

(F/n) finally told both of us she needed to work. I offered to go with her in case (bf/n) was there. She responded with a no, which made me sigh. I wanted to protect her. But if she didn't want me to come I wouldn't.

I drove home, and while I was driving I saw a man laying on the sidewalk beside (store name). (F/n) must have really done her part.

When I got to my apartment, playing a new game that someone suggested I play and uploaded it.