Chapter Two

~ One Week Later ~

Lillian had been staying with Chibs, a lot had gone down since the girl showed up. Tara had gotten her hand caught in the door and damaged the nerves in the hand. Then Chibs was going on runs often, leaving the female alone in the house. Then there was a memorial that the Sons were going to be at.

Lillian was currently at the TM lot, Gemma had found out about the girl and decided she could work well in the office when she wasn't doing anything. So, Lillian sat at the desk, head stuck in a pile of papers.

Lillian was doing well in the club, Chibs could see that she had Old Lady training from someone. The house was always clean, she never questioned anything of the club and she listened well to him. He assumed most of this "training" was her being punished for misbehaving in some way. He always saw the submissive look.

Chibs had talked to Lillian about the other club, what had gone on with her. Why she always had that look. Lillian shared some of her past, her mother, why she was treated that way. But never the punishments. Never the beatings or many bruises all over her body or even the scars that littered her skin.

When the boys had come back, Lillian stood outside of the clubhouse with beers for all the boys at the table. Tig looked at Lillian with a smile, the man had always seen her with Chibs. The woman always stood by Chibs side, this had gotten Tig to wonder why. But he remembered the church meeting and how she was given to the man.

"Thanks doll," Tig smirked while taking the beer.

Lillian handed the rest to the others before getting to Chibs who leaned back on the picnic table, a smile on his face as he lifted up the sun glasses.

"Thank ya love," Chibs smiled, the beer already pressed to his lips. Lillian nodded, a smile on her face as she sat down on his lap. The pair had gotten close. When home, they shared his room. They never had sex together, but the pair was always in a way touching, whether it was shoulders, hands or Lillian on his lap.

"Where's Jax? I hear he's your new President," Eli Roosvelt, the sheriff, said.

"He's not here. What do you want?" Chibs sighed. The man had his face to Eli, but Lillian was sitting sideways on the bench, her head turned in the sheriff's direction.

"Are you guys aware of the violence that's happening in Charming?" This had gotten Chibs to turn as Lillian stood up, standing behind the man with her hands on his shoulders, "Two home invasions in less than a week."

"Contrary to popular belief... We can read," sassed Chibs as he shifted a little more.

"Why do you think we had something to do with it?" questioned Tig

"Three weeks ago we had an unidentified man ran down Veronica Pope in what we can assume was an attempted hit on Laroy Wayne. No witnesses came forward yet, but... Some folks are saying that they saw the One- Niners chasing after a group of guys on motorcycles," Eli assumed.

"Really?" Chibs said, taking a drag from his cigarette.

"The first home invasion was Lynette Brice, one of your croweaters. 2:30 this morning, Wade Steiner was attacked in his own kitchen. He's a mechanic here at the TM. Do you uh, see the pattern here?" Roosevelt said, trying to rile the boys up, "Oh and I see Lillian here is apart of this group, she might be next Chibs if they are going after people affiliated with the club."

"Leave Lily outta this. She has nothin' to do with this," Chibs spoke up, standing to his feet.

Roosevelt went on," If these home invasions are retaliation by Pop or the 'Niners-"