Seventeen: Know Your Heart

Comenzar desde el principio

Anu looked over at Vi to find her looking back at him. He then looked back at the two before them. Sadly it matters not. We cannot affect time. That is a force that none should recon with. Think of your friends and the bonds they have made. The roads they have taken because of what has transpired. Once enemies that have now turned over a new leaf because they wished to keep balance in the world. They chose to follow you into battle. Taking that honor away from them would be wrong.

I didn't think of it that way. Luca stated as she turned back to the Queen and Vizier. Then can we get them all out of there and to safety? How do we protect them in the future from those that will try to get revenge for what we stopped from happening here today?

And you Luke? Vi asked the now quiet one. What is it that you would like? In the deepest part of your heart, what do you wish for?

I just want to be with Luca forever. I now know I cannot gain any extra time with her by going back, if even a little bit. I need to be with her. He let out a sigh, but said nothing more.

Once again Vi and Anu exchanged glances. Then Vi spoke up. We do not have time for hesitation. I must know your heart.

Luke looked the woman right in the eyes. Why was I made this way? He glanced over to Luca, then back to Vi. My parents were not able to speak as I do. They had the basic ability to use some aura and to feel and share emotions, like other Lucario. But I'm not like them. Not only do I speak like humans, he paused for a moment before he could muster up the courage to continue, I love a human.

Luca looked over at him in surprise. What are you saying?

He didn't stop to look at her. He couldn't, not till he was finished. I want a life with her... a real life. Without being called a freak, disgusting, abomination, or anything else like that. What I feel for her, it is not natural as we are now. I cannot explain how this happened, but it happened. I'm not ashamed of it, nor do I want to wish it away. I do not want to hide it either. I... He couldn't say any more. He felt like he had already said too much.

Luca stepped in front of him so she could look into his eyes. Luke, do you really mean it?

Yes, every word of it. This time he didn't look away. Instead he wrapped a paw around her waist and pulled her close. I will be with you in any way I can be. Even if it is not in the way I wish.

I want that too. She said as the tears streaked down her face. I love you so much. You are my best friend, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you in every way possible. She placed her hand on the side of his face. She then rubbed his nose with her nose.

We now know what is in your hearts. Anu said as he and Vi walked over to them. Please turn towards us.

They did as asked, unknowing what was going on. When they saw The Queen and Vizier hold their hands up, palms out, instinctively they did the same.

Vi spoke this time. We will give you everything that we have. All of our power. Do good things with it, send it out to those that are in need. When it's your time to go we only ask that you release everything you have left so that our, your, legacy will continue. There is a reason why you were chosen. A reason why you were born the way you were, and why the AnuVique was ingrained in your hearts.

I'm so confused. Luca said as she watched the two across from them look at each other one last time.

I love you VI, and I will till the end of time. He said with a soft and caring smile.