Seventeen: Know Your Heart

What is your wish?

They could hear the gentle voice of a woman, but they could not see her.

My lady, give them but a moment to gather their bearings. They appear as though they do not understand what is happening.

This time the voice was kind and male.

What's going on? Luca asked as her mind wrapped around the situation, she thought about the orb that was trapped between the two of them. Are you Vi and Anu?

That we are. Both of the voices said in unison. Just like that all four of them were standing across from each other in what looked like an ancient throne room gilded in precious metals and stone. There were no walls, only pillars supporting the roof, and a floor. It was open air leading to a spectacular view of a desert oasis. Luke and Luca across from Queen Vi and Vizier Anu. The costumes our two had on were put to shame in the presence of the real deal. Despite the difference in clothing quality, Vi and Luca were very close in appearance. Anu and Luke however, not as much. The Vizier was in black knee high boots, baggy blue pants, gold silk top, with black bracers. A large mask, similar to the one Luke had on earlier, over his face.

They really do look like us. Vi laughed gently.

You are both much taller than we are though. Luca laughed. She then realized that it didn't hurt to do so.

We cannot have you both injured. Anu stated as he walked up to Luke. Placing his hand on the Lucario's shoulder, he took his mask off so he could look the one across from him in his eyes. Anu felt something in the look Luke had on his face upon the removal of his mask. It looked like disappointment.

Why? All of this? Why us? Luke asked, thinking back to everything that had happened in their lives. Everything that had led up to this point.

We are here to give people strength. Anu started. Our power was only meant for good. Throughout history, however, this orb has been abused for things that are not. It's not a Wish Orb, they just find ways to manipulate it to act as such. Most people wish for power, we are power. All they are doing is taking from us and using it for their own selfish gain. Not everything that has been recorded throughout time is accurate. That does not mean that we do not have the ability to achieve one's asked desire. If it is possible, then it will be done.

The two of you are so close, like Anu and myself. She said with a fleeting smile. Sadly we must get back to the matter at hand. Even though it appears that you two are standing in our once great kingdom, you are not. You are still in danger. So I ask again, what is your wish?

Luke and Luca looked at each other before they looked back at the Queen and Vizier. Luke was the one who spoke up. We wish that Giovanni never found the orb in the first place.

Anu shook his head. Your mouth does not speak what is in your heart my friend. Our power only works if the heart is spoken. Anu then held his hand up in the air. With a flick of his wrist he called forth the notes that Luke had written. They unfolded in mid air for all to read.

Let's go home

Luca read it over and over as a tear escaped down her cheek. Oh Luke... were you hoping to send those back with us?

He looked down sheepishly. Yes, yes I was. He was surprised when she placed her hand underneath his chin, lifting his head up to meet her eyes. I love you so much. She embraced her best friend and he wrapped his arms around her in return. He then looked over her shoulder to find Anu looking into his eyes. He blinked slowly as he turned his eyes away from the gaze of the man.