Nine: Fun And Trouble Along The Way

The gang had been traveling for days now without a single trace. Every time they would make it to a sighting location, Team Rocket would be long gone, the Pokémon they snatched now with them. It was like they were always one step ahead after the clash outside of Ever Grande City.

"It's getting dark guys. We should stop for the night." Ranger Marco said. "We can pick it back up in the morning."

"Roger." Luca replied through her helmet. She looked around for a shielded location where they could camp out for the night. Once they found one they pulled off and set up the tents and began to gather the firewood.

"I'll start making dinner." Brock said. "You guys can go take a break.  It's been a long ride today, and you should go stretch your legs."

Luke's ears perked up. "Do you hear that Luca?" Luke asked, a smile crossing his muzzle.

She listened for a moment. "Heck yeah I do!" She had a huge smile of her own across her face. "Tag! You're it!" She said as she ran off into the woods.

"Oh no you don't" He said as he ran after her.

"What in the world was that?" Ranger Marco said with wide eyes and arms crossed..

"Come on Pikachu! Let's catch up with them!" He said as he and his Pokémon ran off after their friends.

Ranger Marco, now feeling awkward being left out, looked over at Brock. "I guess I'll go after them. Holler if you need anything."

"Yeah I'll do that." Brock stated simply.  He was more focused on the task at hand.

Luke had caught up to Luca. They were now standing at the top of a waterfall facing off. "Did you really think you could outrun me?" Deciding to show off he used his aura to levitate his gear and left it on a large boulder that was sitting off to the side.

"When did you learn to do that?" Luca asked. "I can't do that!" She said amazed. She looked over the edge at the water. He now had a leg up on her. If they were going to end up in, she was way overdressed and wouldn't be able to swim in what she had on. But... if she were to shed her coat, shoes, and other things, then he would be able to catch her while she did so.

Luke looked down at his paws. "Well how else would you expect me to get that stuff on and off?" He laughed.

Luca paused. Of all the times she had seen him in and out of his bracers, it had never hit her how he had got them on and off. She just figured he put them on the same way she put her things on. "I guess I didn't realize how hard it is for you."

He smiled at her. "That's not it at all. You just don't think of us being that different from each other."

"Well that's because we're not." She said, still confused.

"See what I mean." It wasn't a question, just pointing out the fact that she was doing as he said she did. "I'll be fair and wait for you to dress down." He then held his paws in a T, timing out the game till she was ready again.

What the heck...? Ranger Marco thought to himself as he and the teen and Pikachu got within eye-shot of the other two. He saw the Lucario's coverings sitting on a boulder. He was now watching Luca disrobe down to only her tank top and undershorts. She placed her clothes next to his things on the stone. The black material she had on was tight and hugging her every curve. They're not doing what I think they're doing... are they...? A disgusted look crossed his face.

"You ready now?" Luke asked her, his stance getting ready to resume the game.

"I guess the question is, are you ready?" She asked with a smirk.