Johto - Chapter 6

Chapter 6 is here!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pikachu POV ~

When I woke up I found myself in my pokeball. I came out of it to land on Ash' lap. We were driving in the car again. But why? And when did we leave? What time is it? What DAY is it? Where are we now anyway? Am I going out of my mind and couldn't this all be more unreal?

I shook my head violently. Ash rubbed my belly. "It's okay Pikachu, we are only an hour on the road, we left early this morning because of the happenings of last night."

Well that's half comforting and half worrying. "Pika?" Ash looked down at me. "You didn't notice anything of last nights happenings?" I shook me head. "O well, nothing to worry about. Turns out my dad owns the place. So..."

Okay I got it Ash, no need to say more. I nuzzled his chest because my arms are too short to embrace him. "Thank you Pikachu."

"Hey Ash, this road is relatively quiet, want to drive some?" Gary smirked at him from the corner of his eye. I felt Ash immediately tense up.

"But, b-but..."

Gary POV ~

Ash was stuttering. "Come on Ash, what could possibly go wrong?"

He shut up for a moment to come back with a lousy retort. "Well, we could crash. I have never in my life driven a car, I don't know how to or if I'm even able to." I placed my hand on his knee. "I'm here to instruct you and if anything is about to go wrong just let go of the gas pedal."

Ash swallowed hard but assented. "Okay, if you're so sure, then I'll try." I put the car on the side of the road but left the engine on. We switched places and I put Pikachu on my lap. The little guy never likes being in his ball. After some struggling he sat still.

When Ash was seated in the driver seat I explained which pedal did what. "Okay I think I got. So now I softly push the pedal in to give a little bit a of gas." I nodded and added. "And don't forget to slowly let go of the clutch pedal."

With his hands tight around the steering wheel he pushed his right foot down and let his left foot slip of the pedal. The car slowly started moving. Ash turned the wheel slightly to keep the car on the right track. "If you think you're ready you can give a little more gas, you drive like my grandmothers grandmother right now."

"I can't help it you do this a lot easier than me." Ash scowled at the road but I knew he was talking to me. I snorted at him. Pikachu poked between my ribs. "Okay I'm sorry!"

Ash pushed the gas pedal a little more but too fast and the car shot forward. Pikachu fell from my lap between my knees and started yelling at both of us. "Sorry Pikachu.." Ash mumbled, deeply concentrated on the road.

"Ash, you're too tense, try to relax a little and the driving would be a lot easier." I placed my hand on his thigh tickling the inside. Ash started breathing heavily. "Gary, this ain't helping.."

I pulled my hand back and Ash dropped his shoulder into a more relaxed sitting position. The way the car drove on the road under Ash control felt more natural immediately. "See, that wasn't so hard was it."

Ash gave a little more gas 'till he was on the normal speed limit, he drove like he had done this multiple times before. "Ash, I gotta say. You're a natural."

He gave me a smile of childish glee. "Thanks."

I noticed a turn in the road about a hundred yards away. "Ash, are you ready to take your first turn?" He nodded, very sure of himself.

Ash POV ~

"Don't forget to look for traffic on the other side of the road." I shot him a glare. "Gary, I may not know how to drive properly yet but I'm not stupid."

Another car was indeed driving around the corner we were just about to take but I saw it, slowed down a little bit and took the turn like a pro. Gary sighed in relief.

"Geez, you didn't really think I wouldn't be able to take that turn and not pass that car, did you?" I asked him, still glaring at him from the corner of my eye, keeping them on the road.

"No, no I said you were a natural just then but I'm just relieved it worked out that way." We were entering the woods with this road. I wanted to know how much longer I had to drive. "Gary, how far is it to the nearest urban area?"

He searched the glove department for a map. He unfolded it and tried to find the road we were on. "Only two miles, can you handle that?"

I nodded. "Yeah, that much I can handle. Say Gary, will you let me park the car too?" He hummed. "Sure, if that's what you want. But don't you think that's something for lesson two?"

I shook my head. "No, no. I'm ready and I wanna do it. Besides, I can't let you drive us all the way around the world." I reached for his knee.

Gary turned his face to me. "You're too much."

I looked at him, blushing vigorously. "Thanks." He kissed me and I didn't think about it for a minute and closed my eyes. But when I opened them realizing what I was doing it was too late. I couldn't steer away and we crashed hard into a tree. Since Gary was sitting sideways his temple bumped into the dashboard. And he passed out.

"No GARY!" Unconsciously I called the emergency number and told them what happened and where we were. The rest went by in a rush and the last thing I remembered was when Officer Jenny enter the hospital room where Gary was finally waking up and she went to get Nurse Joy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOPS! What did I just do?! O right I caused an accident. ;) I didn't feel like ending their journey through Johto just yet.

O and I promised shakym1 I would have the chapter done by the end of the week but to me the week ends on a Monday because I hate Mondays and I can start a new week on Tuesdays with fresh positive energy. :D

And in case any else was wandering and doesn't have the guts to ask or doesn't read the comments, I'm 17 years old. Judge me or not, I don't care. ;)

So uhm that's about it for now, I hope to talk to you in the authors note in the next chapter. So stay tuned. :)

Beebee out! :3