Atlantis

The party was in full swing by the time Van Helsing made his appearance and turned on the Instrument of Destruction, driving the Kraken mad. As Drac tried and failed to stop the beast, he realized what kind of part Rachel played in all this.

So she wants to kill me too? His spirits sank. And just when I thought...

Suddenly, a voice cut through the chaos like a knife, and everyone fell silent. Singing a single note, the voice echoed across the Atlantis before stopping. There was a brief pause before a voice like nothing no one had ever heard washed over them. There were no words to the melody and everyone turned their heads to see a large wave rise to the Kraken's level. And atop it was Rachel. Drac, conveniently less entranced, gaped at the woman he saw.

Rachel was different; the waves themselves seemed to form a dress around her body, her hair seemed to glow and flicker like a golden flame as she grinned with small, sharp fangs and sang to the Kraken, brushing her now webbed hand along the side of its face. After a minute or two, she finished singing and the Kraken was back to normal, even lowering her down to the party via tentacle. She stepped off and ran to Drac's side helping him to his feet. "Are you okay?" For a moment he couldn't say anything. "Rachel?" She beamed, new fangs gleaming.

"It's Cascade, and yeah; I'm a siren. And I know it's been a short while but I love you." Before kissing him full on the mouth. When she pulled back, he was positively glowing. "I like this new side of you." She smiled before walking past him towards her "family."

"So the cat's finally out of the bag." Said the cyborg. "I always knew-" Cascade brought her fist down on the weapon of destruction, rattling the keys and shattering the ones beneath her hand, the man shrieked, she practically growled.

"Shut up old man. Just shut up!" But before she could lunge for his robotic throat, something got her from behind. Mavis screamed, Cascade coughed a spot of dark blue as she looked down to see the very tip of a knife peeking out of the center right of her stomach. Her movements slowed, she turned and was more furious then betrayed when she saw Ericka.

"You!" Ericka held up her hands. "Now Rachel-" "It's Cascade! All I ever wanted was to be your perfect little girl, but you killed them. You killed my real mother, you killed all of my kind." She effortlessly removed the knife from her side, it was wet with the same dark blue substance. "And now I must kill you." Before abruptly turning around and slicing off Abraham Van Helsing's head.

The wire was thin and the cut was clean, he didn't suffer and as he began to rapidly decay you could still see the faint surprise in his eyes; he knew the end was coming and had accepted it. In one last moment of family respect, Cascade found herself saying a prayer. Mercy that evaporated as she turned back to face her guardian, only slightly aware of how much she was bleeding out.

"You...won't be so lucky."

The once fearless captain tripped over her feet and fell back onto the deck, her wide frightened eyes fixed on Cascade as she raised the knife...