Legendary Lovers

Their first night aboard the cruise, everyone had been doing their own thing but in the end everyone met up at the club say two floors below deck, Drac was the last to join them and reluctantly slipped into the spot beside his dad.

"Seriously dad? A speedo?" The older vampire inocently shrugged. "The witches seemed to like it." Drac opened his mouth to scream at him when the lights dimmed and Captain Ericka came onstage holding a mic.

"Hello everyone, I know you all have had a wonderful stay so far. But I have something special planned, allow me to introduce a singer who refuses to become official; Golden Mermaid!" Everyone clapped as she stepped offstage and the curtains opened reveling a shadowed figure, the music began and the spotlight came on the person who unrolled herself and stood, Drac's jaw dropped.

It was a girl, maybe Johnny's age, wearing a dark magenta belly dancer outfit with a veil that barely hid her red smiling lips, her blond hair looked like spun gold upon her shoulders, blue eyes sparkling like stars under dark blue eye shadow, she almost giggled before starting her song.

"Under a silver moon, tropical temperature, I feel my lotus bloom, come closer. I want your energy, I want your aura, you are my destiny, my mantra. Never knew I could see something so clearly looking through my third eye, never knew karma could be so rewarding and bring me to you light, maybe this is the beginning of something so magical tonight oh ooohhh..." Then the stage exploded with color, as she danced as though she was born to do it.

Dracula watched it utter awe, listening and watching the way the female danced and flipped along the stage, singing and dancing with seemingly endless energy. The song and music made him sit up straight as he dared, gaping at her flawless performance as she and the four other dancers flipped and spun freely around the room, then towards the end something happened.

At the music break, she flipped over and stopped directly in front of the lord of darkness, looking him dead on, he froze at her slow smile as she turned around and faced him.

"Oh, take me down to the river underneath the blood orange sun, say my name like a scripture, keep my heart beating like a drum..." She had walked closer with almost every passing second, eyes set into his like they were meant to. He stared right back, heart frozen in his chest, then she flipped back and the music exploded out, as did his heart.

In the last remaining seconds of the performance, he didn't pay attention to anything, it was as though reality faded away in the background and all he saw was that beautiful female, singing with a voice as perfect as her golden hair.

When the stage went dark again, he simply stared, unsure what to think about it all. "Dad!" He jumped as Mavis shook him by the shoulder. "Yes?" A knowing smirk slipped to her lips. "Looks like someone enjoyed the performance." His alabaster cheeks went pink. "I-I don't know what you're talking about." She nodded slowly. "Uh huh." But you could tell she didn't buy it.

"I'm gonna head backstage, talk to you guys in a bit!" Said Johnny as he ran off. "Did you see that gorgeous dame son?" Drac froze at his father's statement. "She was positively perfect, wonder who'll I have to kill to get near that kid." In that instant, the lord of darkness knew he was in trouble and knew better then to tell his father he thought she was cute too.