Deck Skater

Next night, Drac had made sure to look presentable in case he happened to run into Rachel again. He was just getting ready to give up when a blur zipped past only to screech to halt some feet away, he stood back up and gapped.

Rachel stood in a pair of slightly worn looking skates with a pair of over-ear headphones perched on her head and an iPhone at her side, she slipped a shy hand over her mouth before tapping her phone screen and pulling the headphones off.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see where I was going. I just got so caught up in my music." He smiled stupidly. "It's fine Rachel, I'm sure you didn't mean it." Her face lit up. "You remember me! Oh I'm so glad!" "I'm just happy I found you." Her jaw dropped.

"You were looking for me?" "Sure, I haven't been able to get you out of my mind." Her face went red, followed quickly by his upon realizing that had more effect then he initially thought.

"So um...what were you listening to?" A gentle smile caressed her lips. "Bad Boy by Cascada. Hey, I have an idea. Since you're a vampire, you can fly pretty fast right?" Drac chuckled and pretended to examine his fingernails. "Oh, I might be pretty quick." She returned his smug smile with one of her own.

"Then I propose a race, loser pays for the other's dinner." His blue eyes narrowed. "You're on, start up the music." She pulled her phone from the strap at her leg, tapped at the screen for a moment, and turned the headphones out so they became speakers. They got ready, and when she said go they shot off, starting of slow then picking up speed.

Be my bad boy, be my man, be my weekend lower but don't be my friend. You can be my bad boy but understand that I don't need you in my life again. Won't you be my bad boy be my man be my weekend lower but don't be my friend, you can be my bad boy but understand that I don't need you again...no I don't need you again...

During the music break, Drac found himself watching the female in awe. She had completely changed, now there was fierce completion gleam in her eyes that showed she was a force to be reckoned with. Her hair flowed out behind her like a wave, so perfect and pretty while her lips were turned up in a fighter's smile, parting briefly to mouth bad boy with the song. As the lyrics resumed, he noticed the way her legs began pumping outwards with the beat.

You once made this promise, to stay by my side. But after some time you just pushed me aside, you never thought that a girl could be strong, now I'll show you how to go on... That was when she threw back her head and began to sing, hands going up as she unconsciously thrust out her chest. Right then and there the vampire became acutely aware of the tight pink sports bra she wore, bright blue sports shorts, and that her slightly tanned skin was glistening with sweat. His entire face went red.

"Be my bad boy be my man be my weekend lover but don't be my friend. You can be my bad boy but understand that I don't need you in my life again." Now she was jutting out her hips to the beat, one way then the other, Drac's jaw dropped. "Won't you be my bad boy be my man be my weekend lower but don't be my friend. You can be my bad boy but understand that I don't need you again, no I don't need you again." She looked at him teasingly, casting him a flirty wink before skating forward, mind robbed of logic he shot after her with a burning desire he hardly recognized as his own.

Through the final music pause nothing else mattered except the way she moved, breath ragged low, making every part of the vampire male feel more alive then he had in countless years. As the song came to a close, Rachel suddenly stumbled and fell overboard only to be caught by Drac, in perfect bride style.

"Are you alright?" She barely nodded. "I-I think so." He hovered a little ways over the deck, her shoulders in one hand and legs in the other, for a long moment, the two were suddenly lost in one another's eyes.

"You have lovely eyes Rachel." She gulped, finding she couldn't tear them away from his brilliant crystal blues. "They're not any different from yours." There was pause before he slowly placed her back on the deck and she stood, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear before kneeling down to untie her laces.

"Th-thanks, for saving my life." He raised an eyebrow, she was retreating back to meek and soft.

"Hey son, who's your friend?" The two looked up to see Vlad standing some feet away, eyes set on Rachel has though she was a piece of meat and him a wolf. Drac winced before replying.

"Dad, this is Rachel aka Golden Mermaid, Rachel this is Vlad, my father." The blue skinned vampire zoomed up and took her hand with a sickening grin. "Pleasure to meet a lovely young lady such as yourself." He kissed her hand lightly, she giggled faintly, Drac cringed. I should be the one kissing that hand.

"So Rachel, what's a gorgeous little thing such as yourself doing later?" She shrugged. "Well, just let me know and I'll be there for sure." Casting a smug grin at his son, he turned into a bat and flew off. Once he was gone, the two looked at each other, and burst out laughing.

"You should've seen the look on your face, priceless!" She smiled sweetly, halting his laughter almost instantly.

"Well, I better get going. Thanks again, for saving me." A thought struck Drac as she turned away. "What about the bet? Doesn't one of us owe the other dinner?" She looked back with sparkling eyes.

"We could meet up at the buffet later, try some stuff, talk a little." His grin was huge and dopey. "Sure, that would be...very nice." She giggled.

"You're a nice guy Drac, I really do hope to see you there." And with a light smile she jogged off down the deck, skates in hand and bare feet slapping on the wooden floor. It wasn't until after she left when he let out a blissful sigh.

"So pretty." He mumbled, before heading off to look for Johnny.