twenty-six

hartley's point of view

One day.

One.

One day till I walk down the aisle.

To marry him.

Or possibly him?

Anyway, Luke and I had just eaten dinner and he was leaving to go sleep somewhere else, because we aren't allowed to see each other tomorrow, in an hour. Crystal, Mali-Koa and Clara were coming here in about two hours, I told them it's because I wanted some time to think. I really just wanted to talk to Dom. But nobody had to know that. "It's crazy it's tomorrow, huh." He said, picking up our plates from the dinner table and handing them carefully to me. "Yeah, it's so exciting!" I tried to sound as enthusiastic as I could, because I really didn't wanna have to go through all of the trouble tomorrow. It was a do or die situation and I would lose one I care for with either one of my choices.

Luke comes over to place a quick kiss on my lips. "I'm gonna go pack the rest of my stuff." He says and runs upstairs. The commitment is adorable to see. I put the last plate in the dishwasher, started it and made my way to the couch. I checked my phone, no notifications. At least, not from him. I thought it was a long time since I last posted a photo on instagram, so i just posted a selfie.

 I thought it was a long time since I last posted a photo on instagram, so i just posted a selfie

liked by healyyharrison, domsbaby, yungblud and 1.284.465 others

hartleydawson cold feet

- COMMENTS FOR THIS POST HAS BEEN LIMITED -

Likes started flowing in on my post, but I chose to limit the comments because of the boys' fans. I know they're pretty crazy and that they constantly hit them with theories of everything and anything, some stuff crazier than others.

I put down my phone for exactly two seconds, when I feel it vibrate several times - texts from almost my whole friend group.

MALI-KOA
cold feet?

CLARA
wtf hart
this better not be because of dominic

CRYSTAL
it's perfectly normal to have cold feet
you're gonna be fine !!

DOM
what was that?

HART
you just experienced hartley in love
it's you, dom.
it's always, deep deep down, been you.

DOM
i... was not expecting that

HART
bitch i think everyone's thought about it

DOM
now that i think you might be right about

HART
haha i'm always right

DOM
let's see about that, yeah?

HART
yeah... let's.. i'll see you tomorrow

I hit send the same second the doorbell rings. Of course they're here now... I quickly got up from the couch, fixing my clothes and hair a little before putting on my best smile and opening the door. Three smiley faces appeared in the doorway, stepping inside the door. "Hey guys!" I exclaimed, hugged each one and closed the door. "Hey! The day before the day has finally come!" Michael yelled, his mood as happy as if you hold candy before a five year old's eyes. Calum looked at me blankly. "Wait which day is it tomorrow?" He asked, which made Ashton hit his shoulder replying "It's their wedding tomorrow, for fucks sake." It made me laugh a little.

Luke races down the stairs, receiving a man hug from the three boys and a kiss from me. Those same lips that meant the world to me once felt so unfamiliar now. "Get going," I said - pressuring them to leave, wanting some time to myself. " - it's already a little late." Everyone nodded their heads as they agreed with me. "See you tomorrow." Luke said and kissed me for a long time before letting go and shutting the door after him.

I sighed, only to let out a frustrated scream. I know what I need right now. And that's Dom.