five

"What the..?" I said and opened my eyes yet again. My head hurt more than it had ever done before. I look around the room.
Everyone seems more sad than they usually do. "Is somebody gonna tell me what the fuck is going on?" I asked and looked at my mom first, then turning my head to the right and seeing Dominic.

"I thought you were gonna leave?" He shook his head. "Never. Should I tell her, Ms. Todd?" Dominic politely asking for something is something SO RARE. It's amazing I'm still in the hospital considering the assault happened yesterday, but for a person who passes out three times; I think I'm good here for the next two or three days. My mom nods her head and reaches for my hand. "Go ahead, Dominic."

He takes a deep breath. Why am I actually nervous for this? "Hartley, there's a slight chance you might be pregnant... with his. They've found some of his semen inside you." I can tell it makes him sick just by looking inside his eyes. I find the acid like liquid making it's way up my throat quite quickly. I snap my fingers at him and mumble "Trashcan" and the second he brings it over, i throw up. "Hey, it's good - you're all good. You'll need to stay for another day, but other than that, you'll be fine, yeah?" Even though he sends me to other places imaginable when he says "yeah", I still pointlessly look at him.

"Except that I'm not. If I'm carrying his child, I- I'll have to carry it to the end. I can't get an abortion, it's like killing somebody!" I felt all the blood slowly fall from my head, making me feel even more weak. "Dominic, don't let me pass out." I say and fall back into my bed. "Hartley, you're gonna be fine, look at me please." He puts his hand on my shoulder, the warmth from his hands spluttering around, making me feel sane again. "Thank you.. dweeb." I say with a slight smile. He lets out a laugh and strokes my head. "Yeah, you'll definitely be fine." And there it was again. The other places.

A day passes and they make me take several pregnancy tests. I wonder if all these people are slightly dumb or brain damaged (an/ I JUST WANNA BE PRETTY BRAINDEAD), because everyone knows it takes at least to weeks to find out whether you're pregnant or not. The worst part is that we didn't go to another room, no they made me pee in a cup and then waited for the results, so that Dom and my mother knew at precisely the same time as me. Thankfully, they had all been completely negative, so I had a pretty good feeling in my body right now.

I was dancing to "I can't do it" by Loren Gray in my room. That song managed to get me so hype and I lived for the times I danced to it. I felt a hand on my hip as I swayed them from side to side. I jumped scared for my life, and to see it was only Dominic trying to dance with me, I rolled my eyes at him. "Fuck you, you nark; you scared me!" I laughed. The song continued playing and he came closer to me, gathering his hands around my hips and dancing with me. "I don't wanna miss you again, I don't wanna miss you!" I sung on the top of my lungs, with consistant bits of laughter in between.

When the song was done we fell on my bed. Dominic was staring deep into my eyes, stroking my temple with a stable breathing. "Dominic; if it was your baby and not Tanners, what would you want me to do?" I asked.

"I'd want you to keep it. But I'm not him."

an/ is it good when i write these chapters; you know - the semi short ones?