nineteen

hartley's point of view

The alcohol was pumping through our bodies while Grace and I were dancing to "Wannabe" in Luke and I's house an hour before my bachelorette party. We had already drunk a few cocktails and were restless, so I was curious to see how this night would turn out for me. "I'm so fucking drunk right now!" I screamed to her over the loud music playing over the speakers. She nodded at me and pointed at herself. "Literally same! Take it away, Hart!"

"So here's a story from A to Z
You wanna get with me, you gotta listen carefully
We got Em in the place who likes it in your face
We got G like MC who likes it on an-
Easy V doesn't come for free, she's a real lady

And as for me, haha, you'll see
Slam your body down and wind it all around
Slam your body down and wind it all around!" I sung at her with all the voice i had in me.

I quickly twirled around and saw Dom and Ashley standing in front of me. "Hi. What are you doing here?" I mumbled, quite confused. He chuckled a little. "Hi, Hart. You invited us? Remember?" He said and hugged me. I was trying to make my brain function but it wouldn't. "Hi, Ashley." I spoke with caution. I was unbelievably drunk, but not stupid. I still remember that fucking threat from her yesterday.

"The party doesn't start until in 10 minutes?" I say still slightly confused. Dominic laughs and claps his hands. "Yet, you two," He points at Grace and I. "-already started." I nodded and quickly ran to the kitchen.

I grabbed a glass from our cupboard and left the sink running so the water would get entirely could. I felt a hand on my shoulder and got so scared I dropped my glass. It shattered in a thousand pieces and when I looked up, I saw Dominic looking at me. "Fuck. I'm so sorry." I look at him sincerely and wrap my arms around him. "I love you, Dominic. You're like a brother to me."

He pulled away from the hug. "How drunk are you?" He said. "Not enough." I say and place my hand on his shoulder. Fuck, Hartley. What the fuck are you doing?! You're getting married in a week and you're hitting on your best friend! Even though he seemed to be with Ashley, he didn't pull his head away from mine. "Are you with Ashley?" I asked him and pulled a little bit away to look him in the eye. He looked so fucking good tonight. He reminded me of the day we were at the ball. Almost the same clothes. He never changed. Not one bit. Dom shook his head. "I'm not with Ashley. There's someone else, you know." He cupped my face with his one hand. "Who?" I asked, although I knew who it was. He moved his head closer to mine.

"You." He said and connected his lips to mine.

First I didn't know how to react to the kiss. I was surprised and scared. Scared the old feelings came back. I kissed him back. I couldn't resist him. His lips, they were the softest. I felt some kind of warmth in my body. I pulled away, considering my party was about to begin. "Dom. This is wrong. In so many fucking ways." He nodded at me. "Trust me. I know."