eighteen

hartley's point of view

Two weeks has passed since Dominic and I made up. One week till the wedding. We've been texting a little back and forth but nothing serious has been discussed. I still feel Luke being a little tense about it and he's up my ass, I don't want to say it, a lot! He's just going to have to accept this new "addition" to my life. Dominic has been swallowing a few lumps too. He also thinks it's hard that I'm engaged. It sometimes feels like I'm in between crossroads and it's not that nice, but I try not to think about it and move my focus over to my bachelorette party tomorrow. 

I was currently walking down the streets of L.A with my best friend Clara. I hadn't filled her in with the information of me meeting Dominic, but I was planning to. Eventually. We walked into  Starbucks, and I was stopped for a picture by one of the boys fans. We quickly took a selfie and found a table to sit at. "So what's up with the whole bachelorette party?" I asked and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. Clara clapped in her hands and smiled. "You'd like to know that huh? Too bad for you, that's a secret! The only thing I can tell you is that we're gonna meet some people we know." I nodded at her with a smile on my lips. "So what's new with you guys? Are you getting laid a lot in this period of ti-"

"Shush Clara!!" I interrupted her with a big laugh. 

"I'm just saying, I want to be a godmother before I die!"

"If you keep on going, the only title you're getting is grandma!"

Funnily enough, she shuts up. "Besides. You'd need a man for that too." I say with a smirk. Dominic pops up into my mind. I know he's very good with kids. He'd be the best possible dad ever and I used to think that we'd have a kid with each other at this age. But with his schedule and everything that has happened, I just don't think he's fit for that anymore. That's why having a kid with Luke would be the cherry on top of the ice cream. Clara looks at me confused. "But aren't you just gonna pick Ashton to be the godfather? I mean he is the most responsible one of the group?" She asks me and finds her wallet to go get our drinks. 

"Clara, he came back for me. Dom."

Her jaw drops and she points her finger at me. "Stay right where you are." She says and  queued in the line.

Out of the corner of my eye I spot a girl and a guy entering the store as soon as Clara is in line. I turn around and see Dominic; with Ashley. I try to turn away but it's useless. He spots me and addresses my table. "Hi, Hartley!" I lost my voice like I did the first time I listened to 21st century liability. "I- I- Um... Hi!" I stuttered and looked at Ashley chilling next to him. I stood up to shake her hand. "Hi, Ashley! I'm Hartley." She gave me a weird look from head to toe and shook my hand like she didn't want to. "Oh I know." She said and quickly pulled her hand to herself. Dominic quickly pulled her in and said: "I'm going on the toilet, be back soon!"

With Dom gone and Clara in the queue, Ashley pulled me close by my shirt and held me tight. "If you think for one second that he's ever gonna leave me for you, you're wrong. You've fucked up our relationship too many times, Hartley. If you as much as touch one hair on his head, I'll fuck you up. You can't ever come between us again." She let me go. I chuckled, gave her a smirk and licked my lips. I leaned close to her ear. "Watch me." I whispered and pulled away. When I realized what i had just said, I awkwardly leaned myself up my chair. 

Dominic came back. "I hope you got to know each other!" He exclaimed. Ashley laughed, sent me a look that could kill and looked back at Dom only to say: "We did! She's so great! Hartley is that a ring I see on your finger?" 

I swallowed the lump in my throat and nodded. "Yes, it is." 

"We'd better be on our way, we have an important meeting to attend to. We'll see you around!" Dominic exclaimed yet again and hugged me. He started walking while Ashley found her phone. "You wouldn't like your fiancé to hear this, would you?" She pressed the play button on her phone. 

"If you think for one second that he's ever gonna leave me for you, you're wrong. You've fucked up our relationship too many times, Hartley. If you as much as touch one hair on his head, I'll fuck you up. You can't ever come between us again." 

"Watch me." 

"No? I thought so. See ya!" She said and left me alone. 

a sky full of stars / yungbludजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें