VIII

-in the wine seller-
Katniss introduces, "I am sorry Gale but I have something to tell you."
Gale responds, "I don't care how did you even wake up you son of a gun you!"

"I...lied"

The wine seller goes dark. The mysterious room fills up with curiosity and an unbearable, worrisome feel. Gale stares off in the distance, through the door. For a split moment, he remembers something.

-flashback-
Gale is 14 years old. He is at the fair with none other than Catnip Katniss, the sun is out, the children are laughing, and the smell is of that glorious and rich duck meat fills the air. There is a lady that comes out of her kitchen.
She yells, "AHOY LADDYS!!! STEP UP, STEP UP! TODAY IS A GRAND DAY! FOR JUST 1 MILLION DOLLARS, THE GOAT HEAD COULD BE YOURS TODAY!"
Gale turns around, thinking that he is just unfamiliar by the saying "the goat head." He looks over to Kelly Katniss, pinching her fingernails.
"Ow Bowser Gale! That really hurt..." Katniss says. Gale doesn't focus on her for a split second, and is too focused on the beauty of the goat. Katniss knew what she had to do. She snatched her sister, cut her hand, and bribed her to blindfold Gale. Catnip then ran up the steps to the guillotine. George Gale glanced at her sprinting up those stairs. Before he could run after her, Primrose Evergreen took a bloody towel and wrapped it around Gale's eyes. He screamed and shouted, but no one heard him.
In a few seconds, the blindfold had come off. Katniss stood there, with a leash. The mysterious feeling felt again, unbearable. She looked at him, and said one statement.
"I saved the goat."
-flashback end-

Gale looks over at Katniss in the present, feeling that same feeling as he did that day. Katniss looks down at the floor of her own blood. She knew this was the end if she said this. She glanced back up to see Gale, staring at her with more curiosity and puzzlement than before. She took a deep breathe in, and looked him in the eye.

"That one day...at the farm...I lied. Gross Gamer Gale, oh my dearest Galen, I pulled the lever. I enjoyed every moment of it."