All of them were facing away setting up a massive table, which had chairs either side, with all sorts of food and drink on it.

Suddenly a small green plant like pokemon jumped into Ash, knocking him to the floor.

'Hey Bulbasaur, it's great to see you too!' the raven haired teen says while giving his first ever grass type a pat on the head.

'Hey Pikachu, Bulbasaur how about we play a prank on everyone, seen as they don't know we're here yet?' Ash grinned mischievously along with Pikachu, and Bulbasaur just smiled and shook his head as he was used to his trainers antics, having been with him for over 7 years.

'Ok then, here's the plan.' Ash then whispered and told his Pokemon what to do. After he was done he crouched down behind a hill, with Bulbasaur and Pikachu, so he was out of view of his friends.

Suddenly Bulbasaur blasted a Solar beam into the air...

All of Ash's friends and family, who had just been joined by Professor Oak looked to the sky to see a solar beam being shot into the sky.

They were all amazed by the sheer beauty and power except Gary, his Grandfather, Tracey and Ash's mother who had seen it before. 'Don't worry about that, it's just Bulbasaurs way of calling all of A-' the Professor started speaking but was cut off by the ground shaking, and multiple roars and cries of different Pokemon.

Suddenly a stampede of a lot of different species of Pokemon were running to a hill behind the group of 24, from every direction.

'What's happening?' Kiawe asked nervously as some of the girls screamed in fear.

'Wait a second, I recognise some of these Pokemon.' Dawn shouted as she was trying to be heard over the sound of all the Pokemon, most of which had disappeared behind the hill.

'Yeh some of these are-' May started as Tracey corrected her 'Actually all of these are Ash's Pokemon.'

'WAIT WHAT?' most of the group yelled surprised at the amount of pokemon he had caught.

They were all watching over the hill when after a couple of minutes a familiar face appeared on top of it, with a massive group of Pokemon beside him.

'Hey guys.' he shouted while chuckling to himself and walking towards the group.

'What's wrong with you, scaring us all of half to death Ash.' Misty screamed while glaring at him.

Ash laughed to himself and then responded 'Your reactions were priceless though.' he was struggling to hold back even more laughter. This however, made the most of the group glare at him in anger, and there was an tense silence, until Barry yelled 'IF YOU DO THAT AGAIN IM GOING TO FINE YOU.' This caused everyone to laugh and Barry to stand there confused.

Ash and all of his Pokemon walked up to all of the people and Pokemon gathered and greeted them excitedly after not seeing some of them for a long time.

His mother, Delia, sighed and said 'Well I guess it's not a surprise birthday party anymore.'

'Nope this is still a great surprise. l never expected this, but how did you know I was coming home?' The young trainer questioned.

'We were going to send someone with a flying Pokemon to Professor Cerise's laboratory to get you but there's no need now Ashy-boy.' Ash just sighed as Gary used his childhood nickname.

Professor Oak started walked towards the aspiring Pokemon Master and handed him a small watch like device. 'Ash my boy, happy birthday. I want to give you this, I feel like you'll find it very useful.' Professor Oak stated kindly.