Ch:19 Flashbacks

(Lea's P.O.V)

"So, I'm the only one who didn't know you're leaving?"

I gulped. Panic and anxiousness slightly taking over me. My mind went blank for a second as I searched his face for any kind of emotions. I didn't get any. My lips involuntarily parted and I bit my lower lip.

How am I supposed to answer? No, what am I supposed to answer? To a person I don't know now. A person I don't know what relationship I share with.

What are we?Friends? Enemies? Frenemies? Siblings? Haters? Or something I'm even afraid to say. Something that forces me to question every single thing thahas happened up until now.

Are we........lovers?

I searched his face again and took a breath.

"Well, now you won't have a hater at school. One less worry." I joked playfully but it was hard to deny the awkwardness that came with it. I cracked a nervous grin.

He looked at me with a blank expression.

"Yeah, I mean I'll come to this boring school everyday, knowing that the person that I came for, the one that I actually wanted, was now gone."

His voice was dripping with sarcasm as he gave me a forced and sarcastic smile.

Really? Did he think like that!?

"Well, no denying that school won't be as much without me. I mean, no one to talk back to you? Prank you? That'll suck."

I stated loftily until it turned into playful pity. He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, that's true." He softly spoke up. What was the last time I heard him talk so soft, again? Correction:So soft to ME?

And he AGREED?! Wow, maybe the universe is coming to an end. Because the next second I know, I'm sliding down the lockers to sit down with my knees close to my chest. But that wasn't something that surprised me. My next gesture did.

I tapped the spot beside me and on my left for him to sit down too while gazing out the big window and outside into the lawns and grounds which were starting to gain colors of the sunset. I didn't look at him but I knew that he almost instantly accepted since I felt a presence beside me soon after my gesture.

'Well, someone's being a good boy today....?'

I had to agree with Nikita.

I kept gazing out the window and just....feeling. It's actually funny but also the truth. Sam did the same and gazed out. A peaceful and comfortable silence took over us as time ticked away.

Suddenly, a smile of both joy and sadness spread on my lips. I saw the basketball ground in use. There was a middle school (probably) not and a girl. Playing and dribbling. That reminded me a lot of.....

"Do you remember how we met, Sam?"

I asked him silently and finally tore my gaze from the sight and looked at him. Soon a smile that was a replica of mine, took over his features.

He fixated his blue eyes on my chocolate brown ones and spoke quietly but softly.

"Don't you?" And I knew it. I smiled a bit and he continued.

"Clear as crystals."

That sent my heart pounding and scenes flashing as my memory showed me a movie of how we'd met.

~Flashback~

I spun around and giggled as the soft grass touched my bare feet. Then putting on my shoes back, I ran to the next swing. Sitting on it, I laughed as I went up and down. My mom smiled and resumed talking to one of the other women there.