Ch:18 Remembering

Start from the beginning

"Please......you know how much this day means to me! We had a deal!"

He stared at me nonchalantly. I didn't hate him. I just didn't want him here as a bitter reminder on Hannah's birthday.

I glowered at him. "Get. Out."

"No thank you. I'm fine here."

I gritted my teeth in annoyance, barely keeping myself from yelling at him and waking everyone up in the middle of the night.

"Well, I'm not. So......GET OUT!"

I held the door open for him and glared angrily. He rose a brow.

"Ah, well I guess that's fine. I'll be back in a few hours anyways." He stated with an uninterested look.

"Thank you......"

He looked me in the eyes once more before he went out the door that I held open for him.

Well, it'll be back to usual from Tomorrow but at least....I wanted to enjoy today (even though the day was over) with the most important people in my life at this point.

~

(Lea's P.O.V)

"Hey....wake up....! C'mon!.....Lea, we'll be late!"

The soft voice has an urgency to it. It made my senses tune back to the real world.

My eyes flickered open and my blurry vision made me squint to see better. My orbs met blue ones and my eyes widened. I jerked up from my lying position and was met face to face with Sam. I dared not breathe and his eyes momentarily flicked to my lips. I held my breath and then licked my dry lips.

A smirk soon took up his features and I slightly blushed.

"Good morning to you too. We have school if you've forgotten."

I groaned in response. I didn't wanna go to school! What if I sleep in to-

And that's when it hits me as hard as a brick. It's Friday. My last day at Maple High. For a moment, my mind goes blank but the snapping of fingers in front of my face brings me back to the bitter reality. This truly sucks.

"And the breakfast will be downstairs. Be there in twenty." He started leaving and I looked to see Hannah still sleeping.

"What about Hannah? Doesn't she have school?"

He chuckled, "Amelia will take care of that. "

"....Right."

"And their school starts at nine."

"Aw,man!"

"Yeah...." With that, he left.

She gets to sleep extra! But....I guess I should be happy to spend this last day. I still think that Sam is oblivious of my transfer.

I quickly got up and headed to the room opposite the drawing room labelled 'guest room'. I did my work and freshened up. Taking out my change of outfits; I put on the sea green tee and dark blue skinny jeans with the blue sneakers I owned.I tied my brown hair in a neat and my signature: ponytail.

Within 20 minutes, I was done and headed downstairs. When i reached the bottom step, the smell, CORRECTION: BURNT SMELL, entered my nostrils.

Great.....

I entered the kitchen and saw a pile of trash and black charcoal pancakes on the stand. Well, nice try.

"Explain how the house hasn't been burned down yet?"