2.1 - Torn hearts

Start from the beginning

As the tears continued to fall, she felt the walls of her once secure world closing in around her. How could she have been so blind, so oblivious to the deception that had been unfolding right under her nose? How could she ever trust again, knowing that the one person she had given her heart to had torn it apart without a second thought?

Her body trembled with a mixture of rage and sorrow, her mind racing with unanswered questions and unspoken fears. How could she confront him, demand answers to the questions that haunted her every waking moment? And even if she found the courage to confront him, would it even matter? Would anything ever be able to mend the broken pieces of her shattered heart?

"Yara stop crying. I told you this would happen, I told you he isn't the one for you. And all you could say was I know him more than y'all. There you go, you might have known his little back love story too right?" Mina was mad, enraged at how her best friend was crying over the same guy she warned her about a hundred times.

"What do you want me to do, Mina?" Yara's voice trembled with raw emotion, tears staining her cheeks. "Tell the whole world that my seven years of love cheated on me with another girl, and like a fool, I never knew? How am I supposed to stop loving him when all this time, I've loved him with all of my heart? Tell me. Just tell me, and I'll do as you all say."

Mina's expression softened, a flicker of remorse crossing her features. "I didn't mean it like that, Yara," she murmured, reaching out to gently touch her friend's trembling shoulder. "I'm just... I'm just trying to protect you. I hate seeing you like this, broken and hurting because of someone who never deserved you in the first place."

"But what am I supposed to do now, Mina?" she whispered, her voice barely audible over the sound of her own ragged breathing. "How do I move on from this? How do I let go of the only love I've ever known?"

"I wish I had all the answers, Yara," Mina murmured, her voice choked with emotion. "But all I know is that you deserve so much more than what he's given you. You deserve happiness, Yara. And if that means letting go of him, then... then maybe that's what you need to do."

Abeer and Mina, their hearts heavy with empathy and rage, knelt beside Yara, feeling utterly lost in the face of her pain. They exchanged helpless glances, their minds racing with a thousand thoughts and emotions.

The room was filled with a heavy silence, broken only by the sound of Yara's stifled sobs. They wanted to lash out, to unleash the same hurt and betrayal upon Rehan that he had inflicted upon their dear friend. But amidst their anger, they also felt a profound sense of powerlessness.

"How could he do this to her?" Abeer whispered, her voice barely above a whisper, as if afraid to disturb the fragile stillness that enveloped them.

Yara know they weren't close like before, she knew she didn't give her time for him like before, she never told him she wanted to breakup but she had told him she wanted to fcous on her studies but she promised him she would meet him  once in a week.

How could he just sway away, he started seeing the other girl long before they took a break. Wasn't she enough? Was she dumb to not know about his secret affair?

Her body started getting frozen, her heartbeat escalated rapidly, her lips started shivering and she felt like she was inside a huge ice. She couldn't walk, she couldn't breathe, tears wouldn't stop falling. She didn't knew what exactly was happening to her, in her 20 years of life, she never felt this way before.

"Yara" Abeer grabbed her shoulders tightly, while Yara started panicking, her breathing unstable.

" Yara, Yara calm down okay." Mina slowly madeher sit on the couch and she sat on her knees while holding Yara's both hands softly.