The New Shareholder

Chapter 16

The New Shareholder

9:03AM, Gangnam

Sulli sat beside Siwon in the meeting. Uncle Edward was seated beside Siwon.

“There is indeed a spy.” Said Siwon “Right now, we have shortlisted the people that can be the culprit. Only a level 7 and up can have access to that kind of information. But since the competitor got the complete details, we are only left with a few suspects, we have 10 on the list.”

“10 people? That is still too many, are you planning to fire all ten?” asked Edward.

Oh no… Sulli closed her eyes to compose herself.

“No Dad. Of course not… The company would suffer if we fire all of them. These are already high ranking executives.” Said Siwon.

Whew…

“Sir, are we going to start?” asked an executive.

“Yes.” answered Edward.

The MC went to the stand.

“Good morning everyone, we’ll start the stockholders meeting. This is regarding the issue that erupted yesterday regarding Myrr Corporation. Most of the stockholders expressed their apprehension regarding the matter. We have called this meeting to give everyone peace of mind that everything is still under control.” Said the MC.

Edward nodded.

Siwon stood up and went to the stand.

“Today we will discuss the next steps on the investigation as to who might be behind what happened. And then we will discuss what are the business strategies that we will do to make sure our stock prices goes up in a few months.” Said Siwon

“Do we now know who is the spy?” asked one of the stockholders.

“We have shortlisted the suspects. We are very close to knowing who is the culprit.” Said Siwon.             

“Close? That’s not acceptable!” said a stockholder. “We need a name now.”

Edward stood up from his seat.

“We are not a magic show here.” Said Edward. “We can’t just point any person when we do not have solid evidence against the person. If we don’t get rid of the right person, the attack will recur. All of us would agree that THAT is what’s not acceptable.”

The stockholder shut his mouth.

“Now, I think we are on the same page everyone. We are targeting to find the culprit this week. Action steps will be shared with you.” Said Edward.

“Once we find the culprit, are we going to find out why he did it?” asked a stockholder at the back seat.

“Whatever his reason for doing that, it’s a crime.” Said Siwon. “We will punish him to set an example.”

The stock holder from the back stood up. Sulli held her breath.

Minho?

Siwon’s eyes widened.

“I think the culprit should be investigated why he had done it? We must know the motive. Or else, we are not really solving the problem from the root.” Said Minho.

“What are you doing here? This is a stockholder’s meeting.” Said Siwon. “We don’t need a level 7 manager to be here.”

The other stockholders are starting to talk among themselves.