Dad's Mystery

Chapter 13

Dad's Mystery

8:30PM, Gangnam

Siwon and Sulli reached a small room.

“It’s quite small, isn’t it? I’d have to ask them for a bigger place. But though it’s small, it’s complete. It’s going to be comfortable for you.” Said Siwon

“For me?” asked Sulli.

“Yeah. I asked someone to find you a place.”  Said Siwon. Siwon pointed at a floral sofa. “Do you think I’d live here with that kind of stuff?”

Sulli suppressed a giggle. This man has humor.

“I asked someone to find a place for you. This is smaller than I imagined though.” Said Siwon.

“This is actually a nice place.” Said Sulli.

It was actually beautiful, it was small but has that warm atmosphere.

“I would love to stay in this kind of house. It’s perfect. However, I don’t think I should stay here.” Said Sulli.

“Why not? As I said, I would be your fiancé in a few days. I would be your husband eventually. This house is just a small gift.” Said Siwon

Sulli sighed.

“Did my father really ask that to be done? Did he leave anything that says that?” asked Sulli.

Siwon smiled.

“He said you’ll not get the shares of the company if you don’t marry me while you’re 25.” Said Siwon. “So actually, you still have a year to think about it.”

“How much are the shares my father holds in the company?” asked Sulli.

“Hmm…. Around 50 Million US Dollars.” Said Siwon

Sulli’s eyes widened. 50 Million WHAT?!

“You’re…kidding.” Said Sulli.

“Oh right, 50 Million Dollars might be understated. I know the prices went up last week again. It might already be somewhere around 55 Million.” Said Siwon

What?!

“Unbelievable.” Said Sulli. “My Father had that much money yet he allowed me and my Mom to live like that?” asked Sulli

Sulli sat on a chair.

“My mother and I…had to take large loans form evil loan sharks because she gets sick often. I had to be kicked out several times in the place I’m staying and doesn’t know where to go at night to sleep.” Said Sulli.

“But those happened only in the past four years isn’t it? When your Father was alive, he was sending help to your Mom.” Said Siwon.

Sulli sighed. Siwon is right. Four years ago, their financial problem started.  Now it made sense why, her father has died.

Sulli’s eyes widened.

“My Mom  also started to get sick four years ago.” Said Sulli. “Can it be that…she knew about my Father?”

Siwon nodded.

“There’s a high possibility.” Said Siwon.

Siwon took a bottle of water in the fridge. He opened it and gave it to Sulli.

“There’s a Stockholder meeting tomorrow to discuss the dividend distribution. You can attend that on your father’s behalf. I think nobody will mind as long as they know who you are.” Said Siwon. “By then you’d have an idea how much your father is earning in the company per year. You can also view how much his share really is. By then, you’d believe me.”