"i missed you, too, santana." sam smiles brightly as he hugs santana. 

"oh, my god." she tries to push him off as we laugh.

(ཾミ☆)

"both alvin ailey and nyu are gonna want to see you dance. i thought, why not send in a video of one of your routines with the application? deadlines are this week." i say with a smile as we come to a halt at mike's locker.

"bubs, i already applied to stanford. pre-med" he says as he opens his locker. i know why he's doing this but he is a dancer not a doctor and i just want him happy.

i close his locker, "but you don't want to be a doctor, you want to be a dancer." i say trying not to be insensitive.

"not if it means ripping my family apart. my dad hasn't said one word to me or my mom since 'mamma mia'. i'll dance in my free time. everyone's happy." he says giving up completely.

"except for you. mike, your dad needs to understand that dancing is your passion, not some extracurricular." i say taking his hand.

"i miss him, roma."

"i know, and i know i'll never understand what you are going through. but you have one life, bubba. one chance to get it right. don't sacrifice your happiness." i say before walking away knowing pushing him won't make it better.

(ཾミ☆)

mike will kill me for this, but he needs his dad. and his dad to support his dreams and route for him to do it.

as i walk into mr chang's office i take a breath before putting a disc on his desk.

"what's this?" he asks.

"mamma mia, starring your son. as well as other videos of him dancing, some solo and some with me. and also of him singing. you may not support mike's dreams and think it's a waste but watch the videos and you'll see it's what he's supposed to be doing. not be a doctor, which is what you want for him." i say

"go, take it with you." he says and i bite on my tongue.

"no. because if i do you won't see how your son is stopping doing something he loves to please you. and if you don't make it right, he is going to spend the rest of his life doing something he hates. you may want him to be unhappy, but i just want him happy. and dance makes him happy. happier than any thing else." i say.

"romana, sit. please." i do so and sit opposite him.

"you want to be a performer too?" he asks, and i nod.

"and you're parents support this?"

"louder than anyone else. except for your son. every performance, acting gig, glee competition they are there cheering me on. they love me and want me happy."

"they love you, but they're not honest with you. and you children think you know everything, but this path you've chosen romana, the one you want mike to choose too, there'll be such heartache. so few opportunities for you."

"i've already had opportunity mr chang, from already being in shows to films, to writing music with some of the biggest artists at the moment. i've already got my in and yeah sometimes i don't get a role, but there is always another.