~IVANDOR~

6:15 pm.

It was 6:15 pm and I was sitting down on an empty table alone, in Gomery's diner, waiting for Giwa to show up.

I glanced around the diner, seeing all the couples there on their own tables. It looked like a couple's heaven. A classic ballroom type, LED lighted place that spread mostly purple lights. Translucent glass tables with pretty flower vases, and a menu tab on it. Chairs, dressed in blue or white material, covered and presented to look fancy enough.

Best Part by Daniel Caesar and H.E.R was playing at that moment and what particularly surprised me was how attentive I suddenly was to the lyrics.

🎶You're the coffee that I need in the morning..

🎶You're my sunshine in the rain when it's pouring..

Okay, this is ridiculous.

Maybe, I was a bit nervous?

🎶Won't you give yourself to me,
give it all..

Okay, scratch that, very  nervous. Which was strange because I never got nervous for any reason. Not for tests, Exams, Intra-School Competitions or Contests...

My heart was literally racing.

🎶I know you're a star

🎶Where you go, I'll follow

🎶No matter how far

🎶If Life is a movie

🎶Oh you're the best part

I didn't fully understand why I was this nervous.

The again, it's Giwa Falade we're talking about here.

Oh, that girl.

For some reason, my heart always broke when I saw her. I could see past all the straight face and hardened demeanor. And even if I wasn't sure in details, who she was beyond all that mask, I knew what she came off to people as, wasn't it. And I wanted to know what exactly this girl had to hide... A part of me felt I was just destined to help her... To help her break out of that shell.

That was one of the reasons I wanted her here with me tonight.

And oh sigh, Krisdana was right. I cared too much for people. Even strangers.

Then again, this felt different. I was almost unsure of myself now. I knew my primary aim was helping Giwa... But.. i don't understand it. I don't understand why it felt as though there was a deeper reason as to why I wanted to be around Giwa, other than just helping her.

There was this softer side of her that melted my heart.. Maybe a bit too much. Almost like I had a connection with a part of her that I didn't even know of yet. It almost creeped me out.

🎶Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, you're the best part

It took her ages to finally give me a chance with this date and I knew better to not mess it up. I'm scared of, you know, falling short of her expectation.

"Your order?"

My eyes immediately moved from the table to the young, light skinned waitress in a blue and white uniform, who was standing in front of me.

"Can I get your order?" She asked again, as she showed her perfect set of white teeth in an exaggerated wide smile.

"Not yet.." I told her plainly, drifting my eyes back to the table.