Chapter 3- Tomoya Okazaki

Start from the beginning

"Actually, we're cousins. Sanae is my mom's sister" I said.

"Oh wow, why did you move back here then? I would want to stay far away from this town." He said.

"It wasn't by choice. My mom and step-dad just recently passed, so I was forced to move back here" I said softly.

"Oh, I'm sorry for bringing it up, it looks like we are here!" He said awkwardly scratching his head. He seemed relieved that we had reached our destination. I don't blame him as the conversation wasn't that light. 

We reached a large house, there was lots of loud yelling, then large guys started running out screaming.

"What...?" I said to myself, then a young women about in her mid twenties came out shouting at the large guys running. She then turned her attention to us with an exasperated expression.

"Oh! Okazaki, you're back. Oh and you brought a girl." She asked looking at me with her arms folded and a smirk present on her face.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Emiko Yoshikawa, Okazaki and I are in the same class" I said smiling and slightly bowing to show my respect.

"Likewise. You seem to be a lot more respectful than Sunohara. How refreshing. Come on in!" She said sighing as a cat followed her. We walked in and stopped at a door, Okazaki knocked.

"Yeah, who is it?" I heard a lazy voice ask.

"Hey Sunohara. Its me" Okazaki said, the door opened and there was that same boy from yesterday.

"Oh hey! you're that new girl that sits next to me in class! Come on in!" He said winking, but i could tell her was extremely nervous to have a girl in his dorm. I laughed and walked in. 

"So....this is your dorm?" I asked looking around, it was quite small.

"Yeah, its not much but I like it!" He said scratching his head.

"You better like it" I heard the lady with the cat say before leaving, but the cat jumped onto Okazaki. I sat down on the floor at his table. 

"This cat seems to like me quite a lot" He said.

"I thinks its actually quite adorable" I said smiling. Then my phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked picking it up.

"Hey, Emiko. It's Sanae! It's time for dinner so just come home in about 20 minute or your food might get cold!" She said happily.

"Thanks Sanae! I'll see you soon" I said hanging up and sighing.

"Who was that?" Sunohara asked.

"Oh, just my aunt. Seems like I have to head home now for dinner. Sorry guys." I said getting up and brushing off my dress. 

"Aww but you just got here!" Sunohara said. 

"See you in class tomorrow!" Okazaki said.

"Bye guys!" I said smiling and leaving.

I walked home as quickly as I could. When I got back, I heard loud chattering. I smiled and headed inside.

"I'm home!" I said taking off my shoes

"Welcome back Emiko! Your dinners right here! Nagisa hasn't ate hers yet. You can bring yours upstairs to her room." Sanae said smiling and handing me a plate.

"Thank you so much! I really appreciate it" I said smiling.

"Such good manners!" She said patting my head and walking away.

I went upstairs to find Nagisa sitting up with her plate in her lap. She was just looking down at it with a sad look. 

"Nagisa I'm back!" I said sitting down next to her.

"Oh! Emiko! How was your day!" She asked smiling.

"It was actually good! I met up with that boy Okazaki. He took me to meet some guy named Sunohara." I said taking a bite of my food. I had completely missed Aunt Sanae's cooking. 

"That's nice, Sorry for leaving you all alone all day...I just couldn't get up" She said looking down at her untouched food. 

"Don't worry! I had a really nice day, now you should eat!" I said pointing towards her food worried.

"Thanks Emiko. You're right!" She said eating.

"Hm, this is really good! Sanae has always been a great cook." I said with a mouth full of food. 

"She is! I love her cooking, but her bread..." She said trailing off.

"Yeah, not as good" I said, we looked at each other then laughed.

We stayed up late just chatting about random things, like the dango family, drama club and even school. I love it here, I'm glad I moved back, because now its a fresh start. This is the start of a new life that I needed. I can feel a weight being lifted and void being filled.