Chapter 1- First Impression

Revamp #1, 06/07/2020 Forgive me if it's still bad, 13 year old me is such a bad writer that it's almost impossible to fix.

My First name is Emiko which in English means "Beautiful Child" and my last name is Yoshikawa which means "Lucky River". It has been 7 years, but I am moving back to my hometown of Hikarizaka. In those 7 years, I have spent my time living abroad in America with my mother and my American stepfather. About a month ago, my mother and stepfather had perished in a car accident. 

"Now stopping at Hikarizaka" 

I jumped at the sound of the automated voice that pulled me from my daydream. I grabbed my suitcase that had Dango stickers on it and made my way to the train doors.

The town was smaller than I remembered, I thought as I got off the train platform with my suitcase rolling behind me. I looked down to the instructions I had written down, as I blindly made my through a town that was a stranger yet familiar to me at the same time. I passed an arcade that my dad used to take me to when I was younger. A smile slid onto my face as memories were unlocked.

Eventually, I started to notice students wearing uniforms with crests and holding leather bags pass me. Realization hit me that this was the high school that I was supposed to attend if I hadn't moved all those years ago. It felt like there was a rock in my gut as I gulped and kept heading to my destination. 

Sunohara's P.O.V.

"Hey! Okazaki, are you thinking about that cute girl?" I said jokingly.

"Shut up" Okazaki said.

"I think she's way cute, What was her name again?" I said.

"Nagisa Furukawa" he said not looking at me.

"Of course you know her full name" I smirked.

 "Ha ha. Very funny, now lets get to school, before we're late" He said slightly annoyed.

"Who cares! Lets go back to my place and hang out." I said.

"I cant, I promised Nagisa I would meet her." He said looking away.

"Ohhh I see" I said trying not laugh.

"Its not like that! I just didn't want to break my promise." He said turning red. Man! What a sucker!

"Don't worry your secret is safe with me." I said snickering.

"Nevermind" He muttered.

I huffed, as we were still headed to the school instead of my dorm. Then Golden brown hair that was flowing in the wind nearly blinded me as I whipped my head around to see who that was. I only got a side profile of her beautiful face, and I started to drool. 

"Hey! Pervert! WATCH OUT-" suddenly everything went black.

Emiko's P.O.V.

A motorbike flew past me nearly knocking me over. I turned around to see an unnaturally blond student face down into the ground. I wanted to make sure he was okay, but I was already running behind. I heard yelling coming from him and two students surrounding him, so I assumed everything was okay. I turned around and kept walking. 

I was going to be seeing my Aunt Sanae for the first time in 7 years since my mother re-married and left to America after my fathers passing. Anxiety filled through my whole body as I finally reached the Furukawa Bakery. When I left, the bakery was only a few years old. 

I slid open the door and immediately a tall man with brown hair and a cigarette in his mouth jumped up.

"Thank you for coming!" He said, before squinting at me as if he was trying to recognize me. 

Then suddenly his eyes widened and his cigarette dropped from his mouth.