I knew some time had pass, how much though? I could never tell you the answer. Only that in the beginning, it was awful. My body was fighting to stay alive, even though there was no point. I would die and not long after I would wake up to the darkness, struggle, and die again. But slowly my body was giving up the fight for I found myself staying dead longer after each time and I welcomed it. I stopped banging against the door, stopped trying to break the handcuffs, or moved the piece of metal that was lunged inside me. My hope was lost.

But being trapped in this darkness, made my past look like children's play and I found myself chuckling looking back. I wish I had those same deaths. I wanted to be suffering of the Yellow Fever again, I wanted someone snap my neck instead of this, and that tomb, I begged to be back in that place. It was paradise compared to this misery.

I found myself laughing at how pathetic I was. I begged countless people to kill me once I got out of the tomb because I couldn't do it myself and all of those choices led me to right to this point. Trapped in a safe, somewhere deep in water, drowning every time my body healed itself. But my body found no relief for water was always in my lungs, and it never left.

But there was one thing I knew coming out of this dark place. My loyalty would solely be to Katherine and nothing less. She had won. I would become that young child that knew nothing more than to follow Katherine and her guidance. She had taken what little was left of me and shoved it into this safe and left it to drown.

~

Katherine stared down into the quarry for it had been months since she had last been here. Things in Mystic Falls became hectic since the last time she had been here, which was when she dropped her phone into the water after her call with Fallon and Abby. Things such as Klaus turning into the first hybrid, learning of the cure and Silas, the Originals coming back to town, and finally when poor little Elena turned into a vampire and she lost her humanity after you know who killed her brother. Katherine became so occupy that Juliana slipped her mind completely.

But the time had finally come, for Katherine was in need of a friend. Especially ever since she used Jeremy to wake Silas and stole the cure and ran off. It was humiliating having Elena and Rebekah controlling her around, partly because Elena was involved with it and had an Original backing her. Katherine had to bow down to her lesser self and she hated it.

In all honesty, Katherine was feeling left out, but made damn sure it was never shown. Ever since Elena turned into a vampire, the attention once again was all about her and making sure that the girl was okay during her transition. She was an embarrassment to vampires for how she was being treated, everything was handed to her and she didn't have to lift a muscle. But when Katherine took away her brother, Katherine was happy. For once, no one could protect Elena and she finally felt what real pain felt like and Katherine enjoyed every last part. Especially when she got a torture Elena just to get her to turn her humanity back on.

But now, once again, the earth revolved around Elena Gilbert for she had turned on her humanity and she wanted Katherine's blood. Except, Katherine had been offered something she couldn't refused from one Bonnie Bennett, her complete freedom. Immortality just like Silas. And Katherine wanted Julia to be there when it happened. To see her dream finally come to light of having complete freedom.

Had Katherine known the trouble to get Juliana out of the quarry, she would have done something completely different. First, she had to compel some scuba divers to first locate the exact location of where the safe was located in the quarry. Then she had to find a company that could actually fish out the safe and that was a nightmare, but it was only the beginning of the nightmare. The worst came when the ship crane entered the picture. They first had to make sure that the ship could enter the quarry safely and that the water was deep enough for it. Then it took them three long hours just to fish the safe out of the water. Three hours. The reasons were valid, for the line kept breaking due to the weight of the safe and the water in it and the line had a hard time staying attached to the safe.