It's For You

•New York City, Present Day•

Abby sighed before pulling the young girl into her arms, "Peyton, I need to tell you something about Julia."

Peyton's brow rose in confusion before pulling herself away from the twin. "W-what do you m-mean?"

Finally, after what seemed like forever, Fallon walked in with the hot cup of tea in her hand and held it out to Peyton. Peyton took it, and enjoyed the warmth that came from the cup. Then Abby looked up at Fallon. "Will you get the picture that's on my nightstand for me?" She asked.

Fallon nodded before going up the set of stairs, while Peyton still held her look of bewilderment. Soon, Fallon returned to the living room holding the photo that Abby had asked for and held it out to her. Abby took the photo, which was housed in a clear frame, and looked down at it before a smile appeared along her face and then she held out the photo in the direction of Peyton. 

Peyton put down her cup of tea on coffee table in front of her and grabbed the photo, but didn't look down at it yet. "W-what is this?"

Abby nodded towards the photo, "Just look at it."

Finally, Peyton looked down at the photo. Upon looking down at it, she realize that the photo wasn't a photo, rather a drawing but a well done drawing. From the drawing, she was able to see a younger version of the twins behind chairs which had a man and woman sitting in, that led Peyton to believe that it was the twin's parents. Upon further inspection, she noticed that everyone in the photo was wearing old fashion clothes, clothes she had seen in various paintings that were from the era of the American Revolution. Finally, Peyton drew the conclusion that when the twins were younger they went to one of the places that dress them up in old time clothes and took a picture which had an effect to make it look like it was hand drawn.

"What is this suppose to show me? You guys clearly went to a place and had this done when you were young."

Abby sighed and nodded once again at photo. "Look again"

At this point, Peyton thought that Abby was insane, but listened to what Abby instructed and looked at the photo again. Upon inspection, she found herself very impressed by the clothes the place had provided for them, for they truly looked like something found in the late 1780's. But when looking at the twins mother, who was on the right side of the photo, she found a date in the bottom corner.

"1792." Peyton whispered. Her eyes quickly darted towards Abby, but then back at the photo to look at the two girls in the photo, deciding that these were Abby and Julia's ancestors and they looked very much the same. "Are these your ancestors?" Peyton asked.

Once again, Abby sighed. Peyton was denying the facts that were clearly in front of her, but this what Abby expected. She reached over to photo and flipped it over for Peyton look at.

And that's when Peyton's stomach dropped. On the back of the photo, there was writing upon it and the writing is what made her stomach dropped.

The Mitchell's
Juliana and Abigail
Mr. Benjamin and Mrs. Charlotte

The photo fell through Peyton's hands and she scrambled away from Abby, but Abby quickly reached out and grabbed the photo before it could fall to the floor. "What is this! Is this some kind of sick game! I just lost my girlfriend and you're throwing this- this bullshit towards me! What is wrong with you!" Peyton cried out.

Abby took in a deep breath, "Peyton, I'm not playing any type of games with you nor am I messing with your feelings. You deserve the truth about my sister and me, including the rest of our family." Abby looked down at the photo. It was the very photo that Juliana had left in the house when she left with Katherine all those years ago, only for Abby to find it when she moved into the house with her husband. "Julia and I were born in 1777 in Philadelphia, one year after the revolution had ended. We were known as the miracle twins in town because twins were very uncommon and typically either the mother would die, or one or both of the twins would die. But that wasn't the case for us, our mother lived and us as well."