Even If It's Just Pretend (Luke Hemmings) - Part 2

Start from the beginning

"You can't walk like that," he insisted. Before you could even respond, he was already kneeling down.

You rolled your eyes fondly, grabbing your dress and lifting it up so he could get to your foot better. You could hear the camera shutters going crazy – tabloids were probably going to claim he was proposing or something – but you tuned them out.

After Luke rebuckled your ankle strap, he stood back upright. He took your hand again, this time lifting it up to his lips.

"Looks like it's a perfect fit, Your Highness," he kissed your skin. You rolled your eyes again but with a smile now.

"I didn't know I was dating Prince Charming," you teased.

"Well, you do know that a prince always takes care of his princess," he grinned. You smiled again, kissing his cheek before continuing your walk into the movie theater.

~

Two hours later

The movie was finally over and, as you had expected, you loved every second of it. Luke was typically in romcoms, but this was his first action-esque role. You absolutely loved seeing him go from a sweet, romantic lead to a bad-ass hero who was saving a city, proving just how versatile he could be in the industry.

Once you left the theater, the paparazzi took more photos as interviewers asked about the movie. They immediately asked how you felt about the dramatic change in your boyfriend's roles and you confidently told that fans of Luke's romcoms would still love the movie – without spoiling the film, of course. Luke watched you the entire time with a smile on his face, and he could tell that you really genuinely did like it and weren't just saying it for the cameras.

Although, there were some things you left out.

Every time Luke and Holly's characters were onscreen together, you would feel your boyfriend squeeze your hand lightly. He knew how uncomfortable you were – even though you knew he was definitely acting this time – and he just wanted to remind you that he was there with you and not her.

~

Upon arriving back to yours and Luke's hotel room, you practically moaned in satisfaction once you were able to step out of your heels. Your boyfriend found himself grinning as he slipped off his tux and unbuttoned his shirt, tossing them into a pile next to his suitcase. He happily unzipped your dress when you asked him to, unable to keep himself from staring.

"Why can't we go to premieres in sweatpants?" you sighed gratefully after it fell to the floor and you were free.

"You know I wouldn't mind that one bit, princess," Luke chuckled, stepping out of his own dress shoes and slacks.

"At least you don't have to wear heels," you countered.

"You don't have to either," he smiled as he watched you grab the t-shirt he'd been wearing before you had to change for the premiere to pull it onto your own body.

"You're a giant, Luke," you turned so he could see how big his shirt was on you, "I need the heels."

"You look so cute though," he cooed with a teasing pout on his face, "I just wanna put you in my pocket and carry you around with me wherever I go." He tried to pinch your cheeks, but you swatted his hands away with a loud giggle.

"Stop it!" you whined, "You're so annoying!" Luke simply smiled and kissed your forehead, putting his hand on your lower back and leading you to bed.

You both groaned upon laying back on the mattress, finally realizing just how exhausted you were from the day's events.

"So y'really did like the movie, right?" Luke asked you once you were both comfortable even though he already knew the answer.

"I love every movie you're in," you reminded him, "You know that."

"Yeah, but it was really different this time."

"And that's what made it better," you smiled into his skin, making him grin as well, "You're so talented that you can do any movie genre you want and people will still leave wanting to see it five more times."

"You really know how to boost a man's ego, you know that?" he chuckled. You scrunched up your nose but didn't say anything else – just settling yourself further into your boyfriend's arms.

After a few minutes of silence, you thought Luke had gone to sleep. You closed your own eyes, but only for a couple moments, reopening them when you heard his voice again.

"I know y'weren't happy when I told you that Holly got the other lead role though..." Luke murmured into your hair, "But y'know I love you, right? Was only acting... Never really cared for her... Even before you and me..."

"Lu," you sighed, placing your hand on his chest above his heart and letting your fingers run along his collarbone, "You're an actor – you're gonna have to kiss other people sometimes. Only difference is you actually mean it when you kiss me..." You trailed off slightly. "Well... I like to think you do, anyway..."

The moment the thought left your mouth, you felt Luke's hand grab your chin. He tilted your head back so you were looking at him, but his lips immediately hit yours instead.

"I'll always mean it when I kiss you, baby girl," he whispered, making you smile.

~

i am literally so sorry i don't write anymore