~~Chapter Four~~

Just a few moments after Mumbo suffered his death, all of the Hermits were yet again gathered, this time in front of the unused Town Hall.

Ah, yes. The Town Hall. The mayoral campaign was yet another thing that was set aside with Mumbo's disappearance. He was, after all, the entire reason it had existed in the first place. The diamond thrown had remined unoccupied, only changing when someone would purchase a plot of land in the Shopping District and add to it.

It was majestic and large; a luminous blue glow shone, illuminating the Hall as the the sun beamed down on the throne through the opening. It towered over the Hermits, enticing and regal. Certainly a sight to behold, it was quite a shame it had never gotten to be used. It was also, according to Scar, at least, delicious. Grian didn't dare try it, however.

Grian leaned against Mumbo's support column as he surveyed the other hermits. An excited buzz hung about the Hermits as they chattered amongst themselves. They were constantly glancing at Mumbo, who seemed a bit uncomfortable. He was smiling sheepishly as he greeted everyone.

The moustached man, after dying, had rematerialized back on the spawn island, rather than his base. Grian had to admit, he was a bit surprised that his friend had somehow managed to not die over the three month period he was gone for... Grian had also not yet gotten Mumbo to spill what he was doing for the time he was absent.

Hopefully that would change in just a moment, as everyone's communicators chimed with a message, filling the air with earsplitting rings that just barely didn't sync up. Grian raised his arm and tapped the screen, showing a message from X.

<XisumaVoid> Guys can you turn your attention to the front of the town hall

After a moment, another popped up, sending another ddddddiiiiiinnnngggg of chimes through the air.

<XisumaVoid> And quiet down

Grian did as he was told and looked to the front, where Xisuma and a very embarrassed-looking Mumbo stood. Soon, the chatter had died down and everyone was silent as they waited for Xisuma to speak.

"Okay, everyone," X started. "As you all know, Mumbo Jumbo here is back after being gone for quite a bit."

All of a sudden, the air filled with noise again. Shouts, a few cheers, you name it. Grian couldn't help but unsuccessfully attempt to stifle a giggle as X tried to calm everyone down, to no avail. He seemed to be saying something, but from where Grian stood, he couldn't make it out. Mumbo, standing right next to X, pursed his lips as the noise adamantly refused to die down.

Grian watched X as he raised his arm to type something into his communicator. No doubt it was another message telling everyone to just shut up. But he didn't send any message out, as he was interrupted by a voice cutting out across the talk. "Guys!"

It was forceful and loud, shocking the Hermits into silence. Not recognizing exactly who it was, Grian immediately looked at Doc, assuming it to have been him. But Doc seemed just as confused as Grian as he stared at... Mumbo. Grian turned to him as well, eyes wide in surprise.

The redstoner stood up straight, clearly having just shouted. That shout was Mumbo? Grian was a bit confused-- that was rather unlike his friend. A moment of complete silence followed, the only noise being the distant squawking of a chicken.