~Chapter Thirty-Three-

As morning broke out over HermitCraft, and the sun began to shine dimly through the clouds and trees, Sage slumped against a tree and shoved his hands into his face.

player"Mumbo_Jumbo"Hand: Empty

Would that just stop? It was very distracting, his eye letting him know exactly what everything was at every point in time. Why was that even happening? Sage hadn't even given a slight thought to his eyes when he was changing Void's armor. A highly unwelcome change, in his opinion.

But, there'd be time for that later. There was something else more important that he needed to focus on.

Where was that cat? The entity could not find her for the life of him, and not for lack of trying. He had spent the entire night searching high and low for Citrus, but to no avail. She was nowhere to be found. Though he tried to push the thought away as best as he could, a little worm in the back of his mind anxiously wiggled with the thought that his friend might be dead.

No. No, no, no. That couldn't be true. Citrus couldn't die. She wouldn't. Not now. Not ever. But especially not now. Not when Sage still needed to apologize.

A ding brought Sage back to reality, sounding from his communicator. Had Void finally said something helpful?

XisumaVoid whispers to you: Hey can you pick up some chorus fruit while you're out, I need some more.

Sage groaned. Of course not. The faux-Hermit sent back a confirmation and mindlessly scrolled back through his message history with Void. Something told him that they were the only two awake.

XisumaVoid whispers to you: BTW when you need to delete the magic, you have to destroy the bow tie.
XisumaVoid whispers to you: It's the new magic source I suspect.
You whisper to XisumaVoid: yeah got it
You whisper to XisumaVoid: has Citrus come back by any chance
XisumaVoid whispers to you: No she hasn't. Sorry.
You whisper to XIsumaVoid: alright
You whisper to XisumaVoid: it's getting to be light out, any sign of her
XisumaVoid whispers to you: I've been down here working all night.
You whisper to XisumaVoid: ...
XisumaVoid whispers to you: Go to bed.
You whisper to XisumaVoid: yeah right nice try

There were several more messages after that, each having roughly the same response; 'No Citrus, and you should sleep.' That was highly unlikely; at this state, no matter how tired he was, Sage wasn't getting any sleep anytime soon.

Sage realized that he had begun to pace in front of the tree. Where could she be? She wasn't at the base. She wasn't in the Shopping District-- which was hard to search without drawing suspicion to himself. She wasn't at Scar's village thing with the snail, nor was she at his drill. She wasn't anywhere that Sage had checked. Sage had just been roaming around a forest near Mumbo's base, looking to see if she had gotten lost.

He really had run out of ideas.

But he couldn't give up. No. This was a fight he couldn't afford to lose. He had to make sure that his friend was okay. He couldn't lose another friend.

And not like this.

-----------------

Ren's POV-

Wow, it was such a beautiful day! The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky! Ren was just so happy to be up and enjoying this incredible morning!

Not. It was cloudy. And cold. And way too early for the dog man to be functioning. Actually, all he wanted to do was go back to curling up in his bed, but someone decided that right now was the perfect time to set everything up.