❤Act 1- Chapter Eighteen- The last day❤

(This is where shit kicks off-)

🌹(Y/N)'s POV🌹

And, just like that, it was the final day of summer.
Sighing, I quickly packed my things into my suitcase.
Nikki, Neil, Max, David and Gwen had given me their numbers so that we could keep in contact, and I really appreciated that.
Max was sitting on his bed, suitcase at his feet as he watched me pack, a fond look on his face.
When I had zipped up the bag, he snuck up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.
"I'm gonna fucking miss you"
He mumbled with a frown.
I nodded, playing with his hair.
"Text me everyday, okay?"
"Okay Max"
"Okay"
He stood in silence,
"Shit"
He cursed, wiping angrily at his eyes.
I sighed, cupping his face whilst leaning in and kissing him on the lips.
I had never actually initiated a kiss before, so I understood his suprised face when we parted.
"Don't worry, Max. I know we won't see eachother for a while, but I promise, things will work out, okay?"
He nodded.
With that, I grabbed my suitcase and headed out of the tent, Max close behind me.
A few kids had already been picked up so far, such as Nerf, Ered and Nerris.
We joined the rest who were waiting.
Waiting.
I really didn't think I would spend the rest of my day waiting.
At first it was okay since a we had others to talk to. But, as more and more parents arrived, the less of us there were until only Max and I were left.
"I'm sure your parents will be here any minute now!"
David reassured, his smile never faltering.
I tried to share his confidence, but it was hard when the sun was setting and it looked as though it was about to rain.
"They're not coming...are they?"
I asked slowly.
Max sighed, and shook his head,
"Probably not"
When it did start raining, David decided to bring us inside to wait.
This was fine by me as I got to sit with Gwen by the window, alone.
I remembered back to what Max had said, about telling someone.
I trusted Gwen..she would believe me..right?
"G-wen"
I began slowly,
"Yeah honey?"
"There's something I need to tell you"
She closed the book she was reading and looked up.
"What is it?"
"W-well...."
No.
I'm going to tell her.
Taking a deep breath, I told her everything.
About my father, the abuse, the neglect. Everything.
The one thing I didn't tell her about was the cutting, and i didn't plan on telling anyone about that yet, not even Max.
She stared at me, eyes wide and filled with anger and disgust.
"That slimy no good son of a-"
She was so mad she didn't even have the words to describe it.
"A-are you mad at me?"
She blinked,
"What!? No, sweetie, I'm not mad at you for something you couldn't control!"
She said, bringing me into her arms.
"I'm glad you told me, now we can get this sorted out properly, okay?"
I wiped my eyes.
"(Y/N). Listen to me. As long as I live you will never have to see that man again, understand?"
I hugged her tightly,
"Don't worry baby, we'll figure something out".
Just then, a car pulled up outside the Camp.
My heart stopped as I instantly recognised the driver.
"Gwen. G-wen it's him"
I whispered, gripping her shirt tighter.
She glared at the car for a moment before gently placing me down and heading out of the cabin.
"David, keep an eye on (Y/N) for a moment"
She ordered David, who was sitting on the porch with Max.
Speaking of Max, he brought me into his arms the second I sat down.
The three of us watched as Gwen had a discussion with my father, a furious look on her face.
He seemed to have said something she did not like, because seconds later her fist slammed into his face, knocking him to the floor.
David stood immediatley, rushing over to Gwen and pulling her off of him.
Gwen turned and yelled something at David, to which he replied by kicking my father in the gutt.
Max and I watched in shock as David Pinned him down and ordered Gwen to call the police.
As she did so, she hurried towards the two of us and motioned for us to go inside.
Max quickly obeyed, grabbing my hand and pulling me in.
"Did you tell her?"
I nodded and he smiled, bringing me into his arms for a hug.
"I told you they would believe you, kitten"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the police arrived to take my father away, I cried.
I couldn't help it. He was the only family I had, even though I hated him.
David held me against him, rubbing my back as I sobbed whilst Gwen informed the police of what I had told her, and what had happened.
"it's okay (Y/N), he can't hurt you anymore"
He whispered, stroking my hair.
"Thank you Officer"
I heard Gwen say, the sound of tires rolling told me the police cars were leaving.
"Hey, baby"
Gwen said, taking me from David and rocking me in her arms.
"It's okay honey"
Her voiced soothed me as I clinged to her shirt.
"David, I think it's clear that Max's parents aren't coming, let's just take the kids In the car and take them to one of our houses, okay?"
David nodded, leading Gwen towards his car and opening the door for her so that she could sit with me in her arms.
David buckled the seat-belt around us both and let Max climb in next to us.
The last thing I remember hearing was Gwen's humming before I fell asleep.