❤Act 1- Chapter Twelve- Road home❤

(Can I just say thank you all for reading my shit book, like honestly y'all deserve all the love you can get)

🌹(Y/N)'s POV🌹

We all got dressed after breakfast and made our way down to the car.
As we got in, Gwen turned to us with an anxious smile.
"When we get to the drop off location don't get out of the car no matter what, okay?"
We both nodded, "You're making this sound like some sketchy drug deal"
Max said with a frown.
"It might as well be, you both know that we are running low on funds, so we can't really afford to get top of the line shit"
I could understand this, but I still felt slightly nervous about the whole situation.
David began to drive and Gwen put in another song, which I recognised immediatley as it was my Mother's favourite. I faintly remembered her humming it to me when I had a nightmare, or when Father came home drunk and she tried to calm me down.

I closed my eyes and sat back in my seat, allowing the music to flood my senses as the noises of the outside melted away.
Max nudged me which made me jump slightly.
"Let's agree never to talk about what we heard last night" he whispered.
I didn't hesitate to nod in agreement.
"Sooo, it's gonna take us an hour to actually get there, why don't we ask a few questions to get to know eachother?"
Gwen suggested.
Surprisingly, Max didn't argue to this idea and he gave me and small smile.
"Alright hmm, who do you guys live with?" Gwen asked with a shrug.
"I live with my mum and dad" Max said, shoving his hands in his pockets.
"Alright, how about you (N/N)?"
"O-oh, I live with my father"
Gwen raised a brow, "No mum?"
I shook my head, "She left home when I was seven"
An awkward silence filled the car until David asked the next question.
"Do you guys play any instruments?"
His voice held an eager tone.
"I play the guitar.." Max mumbled.
(Yes I am aware that a lot of people have the idea that max plays the violin, but I wanted to switch it up)
"Really!? Oh! we're like twins!" The red haired councelor exclaimed happily.
"F-"
"Do you play an instrument (Y/N)?"
I nodded, "I play the violin and the piano"
Gwen looked impressed,
"Damn kid, nice"
I flushed from the compliment.
"T-thanks"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the course of the next hour we all learned quite a few things about eachother, which I didn't expect to happen.
However, the cheerful mood instantly dropped when we arrived at the pick up spot.
David parked in a dull alley way, turning the headlights on and getting out the car.
Gwen gave us a worried glance before following David whilst carrying a box full of junk.
Raised voices were heard seconds later, making me relieved we were in a car, but concerned for the two councelors.
Max and I could just about see them in front of us surrounded by a group of men.
It was at that moment did I realise the window closest to me was open, maybe a second too late.
"Hey! There are kids in here!" A male voice yelled from beside me.
Before I could react a reached in through the window and grabbed me by the neck.
My body hit the door of the car as I felt the breath being squeezed out of me.
His grip was tight, too tight.
Just as i saw black dots in my vision.
Max was quick to bite the stranger's hand, causing him to let go and yelp in pain. He then hit the button to close the window and brought me over to his side as I was on the verge of passing out.
"Shit! What the hell!" The stranger cursed, glaring at us.
Max glared back at him, growling lowly with a protective arm around me.
I struggled to regain my breath for a moment, every inhale hurting my neck.
Max crawled down to the floor of the car, bringing me with him so that we were out of reach.
I watched as he searched around for something to defend us with when he found a knife.
"I'm not gonna question why they have this" he mumbled to himself.
Holding me against him, Max rubbed my back as I slowly managed to breath again.
He stared at my neck, placing a hand on it, "That's gonna bruise" he muttered.
"Are David and Gwen gonna be okay?" I asked nervously.
"Don't worry about them, David may not look tough, but he's decked a guy twice his height before"
I felt slightly reassured by this and we both waited in silence, praying for Them to come back safely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max checked David's phone, an hour had passed since they had left and we were both becoming anxious.
Suddenly, the boot of the car was opened making us jump. The sound of boxes being moved followed until both of the front doors opened.
"We're back"
I sagged in relief at Gwen's voice as Max and I climbed back up onto the seats.
Max pocketed the knife quickly.
"What took you guys so fucking long?"
"Turns out they forgot the shit, so we had to wait for them to go and get it"
Both adults turned to face us, their faces dropping when they saw my neck.
"What the fuck happened!?" Gwen asked, reaching out to touch the large, purple bruise across my skin.
"A guy grabbed her by the neck and tried to strangle her, but I bit him"
Max said in an irritated tone.
"Good job max!" David praised, glancing worridley at the bruise before turning back to the front.
"I think we've had enough adventure for today, you guys sleep and we'll wake you up when we get back to camp" Gwen said, sagging in her seat with a tired sigh.
Max and I both nodded, shifting in our seats to get comfortable. We leant against eachother for support and closed our eyes, worn out from today.

🌲David's POV🌲

It was getting early evening. Gwen, Max and (Y/N) were all asleep as I drove, making me giggle.
Today had been pretty hectic and (Y/N) getting hurt had scared me slightly. I was just Thankful Max had been there to protect her.
If we hadn't of brought him, I don't even know what would of happened, nor did I want to think about it.
Glacing over at my girlfriend, I smiled fondly, using my spare hand to brush a few strands of hair out of her face.
"David.." she mumbled in her sleep.
"Yes Gwen?"
"Nn...love you"
Blushing a bright red, I turned my attention back onto the road,
"I love you too" I muttered.
When we arrived at Camp, it was dark out. However, I decided not to wake anyone as they had a long day.
I picked up Max and (Y/N), carrying them to their tent and tucking them both in the same bed.
(Okay so side note, this autocorrected to 'fucking them both in the same bed' and I shit you not I could not stop laughing)
Squealing slightly as they cuddled eachother, I headed back to the car.
I then picked up Gwen bridal style and took her to our cabin, placing in my bed.
Yawning, I quickly got dressed and climbed in next to her, wrapping my arms around her waist and sighing sleepily.
I love being a councelor