❤Act 1-Chapter Twenty one- Shopping❤

💙Max's POV💙

"Eat up Max"
David called from his place by the oven.
Gwen placed a cup of coffee by my plate and gave me a tired grin.
"Thanks.."
I mumbled sleepily, taking a bite out of my toast.
(Y/N) sat across from me, drinking her (f/d) as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.
The shirt that Gwen had let her borrow was long sleeved, hanging off her shoulders slightly.
David had given me one of his camp shirts, and it was safe to say he hadnt stopped fucking squealing about it, to which i replied with a middle finger.
"You two need all the energy you can get for today!"
(Y/N) raised a brow at him,
"What's happening today?"
"We're going shopping for new clothes for you guys!"
Her eyes widened slightly,
"B-but...wouldn't that cost alot of money? You already spent so much on  us..."
"Yeah David, we appreciate it and shit but..."
"Hey"
Gwen interrupted me with a stern look,
"You're our kids now, incase you forgot. And parents have every right to spend as much money as they want on their kids."
(Y/N) opened her mouth in shock, blinking rapidly before her lower lip wobbled.
Gwen smiled down at her, wrapping an arm around her form and bringing her in for a hug.
David, who looked like he was going to burst into tears as usual, came up behind me and practically swooped me up in his arms.
"David, what the-!"
"Oh, I love you two so much!"
My body went limp, jaw going slack as I allowed him to basically smother me.
"A-are you fucking serious?"
I felt him nod, and I had to stop myself from tearing up as well.
"Thanks...David"
My parents had never told me that before. I dont think anyone other than (Y/N) had ever told me that before.
Blinking back any form of emotion, i let David have a few more seconds of hug time before demanding to be put down.
"Right, if the emotional stuff is out the way, we should get going"
Gwen said, taking our plates to the sink once we had done.
After the dishes had been washed, (Y/N) and I slipped our shoes on.
"Okay Family! It's go time!"
We made our way towards David's car, jumping in and putting our seatbelts on.
"Everyone ready?"
"Yeah."
"Yup"
"Yes"
"Okay!!!"
This man was too happy about buying clothes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three songs and a weird conversation about trees later, we were in a wallmart parking lot with David giving us (mainly me) a small lecture about how we (I) should be on our (my) best behaviour.
"Okay, David. We fucking get it. We won't cause any trouble"
"We promise David"
Gwen chuckled,
"It's not you he's worried about (Y/N)"
Called it.
"Okay...let's go then!"
He lead the way into the store and over to the tills where a oldish grey haired woman was working, looking bored.
However, when she noticed us approaching, she perked up.
"Hello, How can I help you today?"
David beamed at her,
"Hello miss, do you happen to know where the kids clothes are?"
Peering over the counter, she smiled down at us.
"Are you babysitting?"
David shook his head,
"Nope! These are our children!"
He brought (Y/N), Gwen and I closer to emphasise the point.
It felt weird for someone to be incredibly proud to call me their child, and I could tell (Y/N) felt the same.
Looking back up at the old woman, she was frowning deeply, looking between us, David and Gwen.
"These are your kids, sir?"
Gwen raised a brow at her from beside us, and David tensed up, sensing her judgemental tone.
"Yep!"
The woman's nose crinkled up,
"Well, I'm sorry to say this sir. But im pretty sure your girlfriend cheated on you. Twice nonetheless! Theres clearly no resemblance"
Was this bitch stupid?
She pointed at Gwen, looking irritated,
"You should be ashamed of yourself you-"
"We're adopted"
I yelled, catching her attention before a) David gets pissed, b) Gwen gets pissed or c) I get pissed, which I already was.
She blinked, shrinking into her chair with a sheepish smile on her face.
David glared at her, clentching his fists.
"Kids clothes. Now"
Gwen demanded, looking extremely irritated.
"I-I'm so sorry, I-"
"She asked you for kids clothes, not a fucking sob story"
I snapped, also glaring at her.
She pointed in the  direction of the clothing isle, and Gwen dragged us off without another word.
"The nerve of that bitch!"
She ranted once we were out of ear shot.
"I'm definitely reporting this. How dare she-"
"David you're shaking"
He threw his hands up,
"I have every right to shake!"
He yelled, catching the attention of everyone around us.
I facepalmed, and he guilty apologized.
"Sorry, I'm just so mad!"
He took a deep breath to calm himself before his familiar smile appeared on his face,
"Okay, sorry about that. Let's find you kids some clothes."

🌸(Y/N)'s POV🌸

Tw: refrences to abuse and self harm

After the whole situation with the woman at the tills, we went in hunt for kids clothes.
There were two sections, girls and boys, so, Gwen grabbed me by the hand and called over to David, who was gushing over the cute designs,
"Hey, David?"
"Yeah?"
"I'll take (Y/N) to get her shit, you take Max to get his"
"Okie dokie! We'll meet up in thirty minutes okay? Try not to get lost!"
Gwen rolled her eyes and chuckled, nodding to him.
Max sent me a 'why the fuck am i here to suffer' look, and gave me a miserable wave.
I giggled, and followed Gwen into the 10-15 girls section.
(I live in the Uk, so im basing this shit off Primark bitches)
"I figured you wouldn't want David to pick out underwear with you"
I blushed,
"Y-yeah, you have a point"
Gwen sighed and ruffled my hair,
"I'm gonna be fucking honest, I've never been a mom before, soo...I have no idea what the fuck to look for. How about you just pick out the shit you want and I won't judge you for it,okay?"
I nodded, and began picking out a couple of things that i wanted to wear whilst Gwen patiently waited for me by the changing room.
A couple of jumpers, shirts, bottoms(aka jeans/leggings/ pants/skirts /whatever you want)  vests and underwear later, I was completely done.
"U-um, Gwen, I picked out some things, I hope its not too much"
She grinned,
"It's never too much, okay baby?"
I timidly smiled up at her, and she looked through what I picked before i was to try it on.
However, when she had finished, she paused and frowned.
"What's wrong?"
"(Y/N), honey, you didn't pick out any bra's"
I paused.
Oh god.
"Oh...I dont think I-"
"You're twelve now, hun, better time than any to start wearing one"
I felt my chest tighten up and I glared at the floor, an embarrassed flush to my cheeks.
"Hey, It's nothing to be ashamed of, you're just growing up-"
"It's not that.."
I mumbled, and Gwen crouched down to look me in the eye.
"What is it?"
"My dad he...he always said he didn't want me to wear one. He said I would never-"
Gwen stopped me in the middle of my sentence, bringing me into her arms.
"He's not here to tell you what to do anymore, okay? You don't have to follow any of his shitty rules"
I nodded slowly, and she pressed a kiss to my forehead.
"Okay, now, How about we get in there and I help you try one on, okay?"
I had to think this through for a long minute. She would see everything.
My scars, my bruises my-
She already knew about that...
The cutting is what I didn't want her to know about.
But...my cuts were covered in bandages and..if she questioned it I could just say it was from an activity or something.
But...she would see my body.
My ugly filthy disgusting-
"Hey, (Y/N). Look at me"
I sniffled, glancing over to her to see the imense worry in her purple eyes.
"You are not filthy, okay?"
Somehow, she had managed to read my mind.
"We don't have to do this if you dont want to. I will never force you to do anything that would make you uncomfortable sweetheart"
I nodded, and she allowed me a moment to calm down.
Once my heart rate had returned to normal, I decided to speak.
"Okay. Le-Let's do it"
She nodded, and lead me into the changing room.