Harry Potter Isn't Broke, He's Loaded!

"They are my family. Stop yelling. And what on Earth do you mean you'll hex my mother?"

"'Arry, I understand yer may feel that way, but ya know Lily 'n James had yer, their little wizard! 'N I'm 'ere to give ya yer Hogwarts letter. Filthy Dursleys thinkin' they can 'ide it from yer. Yer a wizard 'Arry!"

"A wizard. Like, a magical being." Serena started. "Also, we have no clue who the 'Dursleys' are. We're all Potters."

"Yer... Yer all Potters? But the 'Eadmaster left 'Arry with the Dursleys... They got rid of yer! 'S good yer got put with such close family! And all named Potter at that! Won't the 'Eadmaster be 'appy. Now I should explain the wizardin' business, cuz we got it all figured out."

The Potters, (the living ones) of course, knew that May had given birth to her son. Both May and Ella had witnessed it. But the adults thought it best not to anger the giant man.

The man never started his explanation, for Serena was rather impatient.

"Is it possible to do accidental magic?! Because once, well, recently, when all the owls were annoying me, I got angry and one of my lights shattered. And there were no owls near it!"

"Yes! Like that! Sometimes, 'fore ya go to school, if yer got a lot of emotions yer magic 'as a burst. Ever 'ad it 'appen, 'Arry?"

"Maybe... on my eight birthday... We were at the park for my party. And... suddenly there was a bang in my head. No one else heard it. The my chest hurt. A lot. And when I looked up again, the plants were going all wild, and all the non-human animals had left."

"I'm sorry... I didn't know."

"It's- what?"

"Hare-Bear, let the man talk now! I wanna know more."

'You started this, Demon.'

"Well, that's why yer gotta go to Hogwarts! I'm Hagrid, by the way. Keeper 'a keys 'n groundskeeper for Hogwarts. Hogwarts is the best magical school, safest place in Britain too! Yer gonna love it there 'Arry. Yer had yer name down since birth. And I get to show ya to 'Diagon Alley', best place to shop for yer supplies. Yer mum can come too."

It certainly wasn't adequately explained, but what more could anyone ever expect from Rubius Hagrid.

<><><><>

In the end, it was Hadrian's (MP) aunt who went with them. May was simply feeling too shocked to trust herself.

"'Ell 'Arry, welcome to Diagon Alley."

They stood outside of an old pub. 'The Leaky Cauldron' read a sign at the top. A smaller sign in one window had 'Rooms To Let' scrawled in messy cursive.

"Are we?" Said Ella, a slight tint of confusion tangled with her voice.

"Of course we are!" Hagrid merrily threw open the door. "'Ello Tom. Could ya open the door fer us?" (What is Hagrid's accent, wtf me?!)

"Of course Hagrid. Follow me, you lot!"

Perhaps if it had just been Harry, son of May, they would have called him Harry Potter, son of Lily. But the other adult warded them off from looking too closely, and Hadrian (MP) was safe.

"Walk... faster."

Harry listened.

Now, they stood by of a brick wall. Tom had left them to go back to the counter, leaving the two family members alone with the large man. He took out an umbrella.

'An umbrella?'

After Hagrid had tapped the bricks in a strange pattern, they started shifting open.

"Welcome, to Diagon Alley!" Called Hagrid joyfully. Then he was shooing them towards a big building, call Gringotts bank.

"It's... Pretty. Really pretty."

"Yeah. Wait! Who-"

"Harry, don't just stand there please." His aunt called back to him.

Harry (MP) hurried on, choosing not to acknowledge the voice at all.

"Key?"

Hagrid had told them the creatures in the bank were called goblins. It was so strange to think the greedy little beasts from children's stories were real.

Hagrid reached into one of his pockets and pulled out a dull silver key. He also held up a tiny silver key.

"Also got a task from Dumbledore. I need the you-know-what in vault you-know which."

The goblin nodded. "Follow me."

They went to Harry's (LP's son's, used by MP's son.) vault first, a small room filled with stacks of gold.

Hagrid pulled a velvet pouch out of one of his pockets, and handed it to Harry (MP).

"Couple of handfuls of each then."

He complied, slipping a few extra into his pockets. Then it was back into the cart.

Another stomach twisting trip had them in front of a door that was more more complicated than the one they had previously been to. It was deeper in Gringotts too. Hadrian (MP) briefly wondered why the building was so tall if all of the vaults were below while waiting for it to open. When it did, he was treated to a quick glimpse of a small pouch on a pedestal, before the goblin hurried in and handed it to Hagrid.