27. Brad Windom's Nose

Start from the beginning

"Well, I just hope he learned his lesson," Rosalie sighed.

"Are you kidding, Rosa?" Elliot asked, "It's Brad. He never learns anything."

"I just can't believe he's gone this long without getting punched by one of us," Isabella commented, "We must be such nice people."

Scarlett smiled and Rosalie stifled a yawn.

Jenna pushed her chair back, "Come on, girls. Let's get our mama bear to bed."

Rosalie smiled. "Eliana is great, but she, like her Dad, has no respect for my sleep." She shot Aiden a look and Aiden smiled at her before placing a soft kiss on her cheek.

"Shall I come with you, Ro?"

Rosalie shook her head, getting up. "Apparently, the girls are coming with me. You boys have fun."

Scarlett watched as Rosalie leaned down and pressed a kiss to Aiden's temple. She felt a pang, but it was shaken when Isabella leaned over to her.

"Come on, Sky," she said, "Let's all get to bed, or at least out of here. It's about to become a boys' club."

"Boys' club never bothers you, Isa," Elliot commented.

"True, but I'd prefer my girls today," she said.

The girls got up and said goodnight.

Scarlett looked down at Ace and gave him one of her smiles and he nodded at her and watched as they all walked away.

Aiden cleared his throat, shaking him from his thoughts. "So..."

Ace straightened. "So?"

Aiden and Elliot exchanged glances.

"Anything you want to tell us, man?" Elliot asked, nodding in the direction of the door.

Ace shrugged. "I told you, Elliot. She's just my PA."

"Right," he nodded, dubiously, "I believe that."

"When did you become the love doctor?" Ace asked and they all laughed.

The three men sat there, talking amongst themselves for a while, before they, too began to move out of the ballroom and into the hall. One of the older men hailed them.

"Ace, Aiden, Elliot, are you all heading out?" asked Frank Holloway.

The three friends nodded.

"Well, let me introduce you to someone who just happened to be here," he said, waving them over to himself and the man standing near him.

The man had a hooded smile as he nodded at the three men who approached. He had light grey eyes, thick stubble and dark blond wavy hair. Everything about him was light, even the light ash-coloured suit he was wearing.

"This is Ace Hardwood, Aiden Carlisle and Doctor Elliot Kingsley," Frank told the man, "Boys, this is Kaius Wickham."

The men shook hands.

"Please, call me Kai," he said, as he looked at Ace, Aiden and Elliot in turn.

They nodded. There was a silence.

"So, Kai, are you in the business of business, as well?" Aiden asked.

Kai smiled and nodded. "Aren't we all?"

"How come you're not at the conference?" Ace asked.

"Had some other business I needed to attend to. Maybe next time, huh?"

Ace nodded. "What business are you in the business of, Mr. Wickham?"

"Kai, please," he grinned, "I run a digital marketing and consultancy company."