Chapter 8: Good Music, Terrible Luck

Start from the beginning

Well it was almost done. Now my job is not to screw up.

I look over to Ray who was just looking out at the stage, smiling. "You look really excited." I state. She just looked at me, laughing. "Leo that had to be the stupidest thing you've ever said to me." He said and I laughed. "No, i'm not that bad" I joked and she just rolled her eyes. At that moment I saw a man, probably in his late 20's, sneak something into Ray's drink. I looked at the guy and glared, kind of like a wolf on it's prey. He isn't getting away with this.

"HEY BUDDY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING OVER THERE?!" I yell loud enough for people to turn heads "Leo get yourself settled down!" Ray loudly whispers, and the guy behind her just laughs. "Eh he's just worked up that's all. It's fine I didn't do anything, I swear on me life." He says with a surprisingly thick Irish accent. I tighten my fist as Ray stands up and puts her hand on my shoulder. 

"Sit down and relax, I bet you're just seeing things. Nothing went in anything, okay?" She said and I just nodded. "Fine. If she gets high or drunk or something, I'll help her, but I'll just say I told you so." I think to myseld as she looks ahead, unaware that she might be drugged by a jerk at a concert.

And that's when the concert starts. Ray cheers with everyone else and I stay silent, still a bit unsettled from the earlier situation. After a song or to I eased into it and I was about as riled up as everyone one else. The concert was great: had great music, great songs, and a good band. At the end, I was kind of sad it ended, but everything has a end and a beginning. When I looked at Ray she was tripping over every thing and had this look in her eye that seemed so... unfocused. Kind of like her old self was thrown out the window and into the streets to get run over. "You okay Ray?" I ask and she laughs, a goofy laugh though. "I'M SPECTACULAR!" She yells, then leans on my shoulder.

I knew it.

She's wasted.

I swore to myself and a part of me wanted to storm right back in there and punch the guy, but at the same time I need to handle Ray now. Since she's tipsy at the moment, she's my responsibility now. It's hard handling a drunk on the road.

"Alright, upsie daisy, we're going home." I say and I pick her up, bridal style, and walk back to the car.

"LEO! LEO I'M FLYING!" She yells as I walked, then I just laugh. This is just ridiculous. "Yeah whatever Rose, we're almost there." I put her down and then get in the drivers side. Ray buckles her seat belt after a few tries then we start driving. 

Now, since I had a feeling somebody was going to get high or drunk or something: I brought a barf bag just in case. It's the one thing that is going to keep Ray's car clean, and this is kind of my fault for not punching that guy in the face and not getting her another soda. Whatever, my fault, time to take care of the situation.

That's when she looks at me and laughs as I put a bag quickly her lap. "Hey Leo?" She asks and I keep my eyes on the road.

"Yeah?" I ask and she just laughs.

"Will you b-be my death t-the kid?" Ray asks in between hiccups. Before I answer, she blacks out and I scream my lungs out.

__________________________________________

Rachel A. (Deaththenerd)

I felt so tired... I was being jostled around, until I heard a loud THU-THUMP, and the movement subsided. A small voice beside my ear encouraged me to wake up but I didn't want to, I was much too exhausted to  open my eyes.

"RACHEL I'M NOT KIDDING." They hissed.

"GET. UP!" My mind moved sluggishly as I opened one eye. "Leo?"  I said, but it didn't sound like Leo, it sounded like a mumbled death threat.