Chapter 16: Depression

Chapter 16

"Everything spirals down for me apparently... And the only question is, why? Why me?"

Leo Valdez

_____________________

I wore all black on the rainy day his body was put into the ground.

His glowing tan he used to have so long ago was replaced with a ghost looking figure that covered his whole entire body, making me sick to the stomach. From his wide shoulders to the end of his casket, flowers were carefully placed all around his corpse, having his usual tough and young appearance look so peaceful and calming. His glasses were carefully placed on his face, and his dark hair was groomed to perfection. He looked as if he were to go on a date with a girl instead of to get buried.

I slowly walked my way up to the box he laid in and before anyone could see, put a rose tied with a cross necklace in his front pocket, then backed away at once, taking a shallow breath as I scanned his body. It was so unusual to see him quiet, so unusual to see him look so..

So dead.

I bit my lip to take my mind off the tears that were ready to burst out and run down my face. I didn't want to cry. Especially not at Alexander Zona's funeral of all places. He out of most people would want me to be strong and considerate at his funeral, not a cry baby.

I finally decide I can no longer look at his emotionless corpse and go to sit down in the front. I scan my eyes in the crowd to notice a sobbing Misty, both Askars so deep in their thoughts that they seem dispassionate; strangers that are most likely family members...

Many people except the two people that ignored Alex the most even when he loved them, many people except Melanie and his father.

It made me sick to my stomach to think they were ever close to him. After everything that father has done, he doesn't even show up to his sons funeral?! And even when Alex made a child with Melanie, she doesn't bother to go to the ceremony of her boyfriends death?! What the hell is wrong with these people!?

Finally, the ceremony began and my cruel thoughts on the two people Alex cared most dissolved quickly. An old pastor started walking towards the casket with a dusty old bible in his hands, the rain drizzling lightly on the depressing summer day.

"Thank you everybody for coming on this day. This man, Mr. Zona, maybe wasn't a father yet, but he defiantly was something you don't see everyday. 'He stunned everybody with his hard work and with his way of caring' Most people have said about him, and it was very unfortunate to have him die the way he did. As Jesus has said as well, "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare the place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, and where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going. -John 14: 1-4". Now, what does he mean, he or she may ask? It means God has a room prepared for Alex up in heaven, where he could finally rest easy from the burdens on this earth..."

His wise words just sank in my head as a pebble would sink into a pond, and no words could go through. All his comforting words were no match against my sadness, the same sadness Alexander fallen into in the beginning of this hell.

Before I knew it the bag pipes began to play as the casket was shut and lowered into the ground below. I heard Misty's distant sobs as his casket was finally nowhere seen.

That was it. That was the last time I'll ever see Alexander Zona.

I couldn't even bear to look at the grave itself. I held my hands behind my back as I sent small, silent prayers to my good for nothing dead and gone best friend. Before I could step out to leave, I heard an old just spoken voice call my name,