He turned to look at us, visibly saddened, and a little bit defeated.

"She's not coming back. We have to make it worth it. We have to."

"We will."

•••

I watched as Tony carefully placed the stones in the gauntlet he made, alongside of Bruce and Rocket.

Tony manipulated the machine with precision, knowing one wrong action could result in our collective demise.

The robotic hand placed the last stone in the gauntlet, making me breathe a sigh of relief, knowing it was over.

"Boom!"

I jumped three feet in the air, and Tony and Bruce looked terrified for a moment, before we all turned to Rocket, who was snickering at us.

I rolled my eyes, and walked into the next room, where everyone was waiting.

Everyone except for Nat.

Tony, Rocket and Bruce followed closely behind, and they all turned to look at us.

"All right. The glove's ready." Rocket said, and I grinned.

"Now the question is, who's gonna snap their fingers?" I asked, and Thor raised his hand, walking towards us.

"I'll do it." He said, and everyone looked shocked.

"Excuse me?" Scott asked, and Thor grinned.

"It's okay." He said, and everyone made a move to stop him, knowing it can't be him.

He's not in the right space mentally to take on something like this.

"No, no, no, whoa. Stop. Stop. Wait a sec. Hey, hey-" I said, and Steve cut me off.

"Wait, wait, Thor, just wait. We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet." He said, and Thor looked bothered by him.

"I'm sorry. What, we're just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?"

"We should at least discuss it." I pointed out, crossing my arms over my chest as I stood my ground next to Tony.

"No, no, sitting here staring at that thing is not gonna bring everybody back." Thor argued, and then looked around the room at all of us.

"I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So this responsibility falls upon me. It's my duty." He said, making Tony step forward.

"It's not about that-"

"Stop it! Just let me!" He examined, tearing up as he put his hands on Tony's shoulders.

"Just let me do it. Just let me do something good. Something right."

"It's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent, I'm telling you, you're in no condition." Tony said, giving him a sympathetic look at Thor looked determined.

"What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" He asked, and Rhodey crossed his arms over his chest.

"Cheez Whiz?"