Chapter 8

Mew's POV

We were all seated around the table, waiting for our managers to start updating us on our schedule. Mild joined us today, as we would be having the same schedule this time.

"So.. I saw that someone posted a selfie of two lovebirds on his Instagram Story, a few days ago, with a very sweet caption.. Is there anything that I should know?" Mild asked.

I turned to my side and saw Gulf's blushing upon hearing Mild's words. My heart was beating so fast when I read the caption, but I could not bring myself to ask him the meaning behind the caption, feeling all shy. I had forgotten all about it, until Mild brought it up. I looked at Mild and just shook my head. Mild was about to say something, but was interrupted by our managers, walking into the room.

"Okay, here's an update. Star Magazine has decided to organise Star Awards next week. And... The three of you are going, since all of you had been nominated for the various awards,previously." P'Best explained.

The three of us listened attentively and nodded our heads as an acknowledgement. But then, I saw Nong Stu's face expression. He wasn't looking good. I stopped the discussion and asked Nong Stu, to express his concern.

"It's not me, Mew. It's... We found out that Archie is going to the event as well.."

The room went silent. My body went rigid. No. I am not ready to face him. The chance of seeing him in the award show would be very high. I am not taking that risk. I was about to open my mouth to reject this schedule, when Gulf grabbed hold of my hand under the table.

"P'Mew will still be going for the award show. That is what he wanted to say. He will be fine. Besides, P'Mild and I will be there with him throughout the night." Gulf said firmly.

My eyes went big as soon as I heard Gulf's words. Nong Stu was looking at me intently, when the discussion between the managers and the rest continued. Even Mild was glancing at me from time to time, concern being expressed on his face. Throughout the entire discussion, Gulf's hand never left mine. He had intertwined his fingers with mine. Somehow, it helped to calm me down.

After the meeting, both Nong Stu and I had to leave immediately as I had an afternoon class to attend. I knew that Gulf would be going for lunch with Mild, as they had invited me along, but I had to leave them as soon as our meeting ended. I had promised to call Gulf as soon as I have ended my class in the evening, since I could not keep him accompanied today. 

"Take care of him for me, Mild.."

"Ow, only worried for Nong? Then who is supposed to be taking care of me?" Mild teased.

"The both of you take care of each other then. Make sure you send him home as well!" I told Mild before leaving the room.

Mild muttered softly. I could not hear his words, but I could only hear Gulf's laughter, moments before the door shut.

Along the way to my university, Nong Stu had asked me whether was I really fine to go for the event. Honestly, I was not. I knew that I was not ready to see Archie. But I remembered Gulf's words to me. I have to fight this off. At least, this time round, I know that Gulf and Mild would definitely be around, to help me to fight off this traumatic feeling that I have been having. I then assured Nong Stu for continuous times, that I was feeling fine to go for the award show, so that he would not be worried over my condition.

I took a deep breath. Star Awards, here we go.