Chapter 1

Off wakes up from his beauty sleep, due to someone constantly ringing his door bell.

His eyes wage war, refusing to open, but the person behind his door seems to be persistent.

Cursing, he lifts his tired body off his bed, his legs carrying him to the front door in a robotic manner.

Shia! It's too early in the morning for this.

Grumbling, he opens the door to see his sister and niece staring at him with cheerful smiles on their faces.

"Jumpol, did you just wake up?" his sister asks him with an incredulous look on her face.

Off stares at her blankly.

Why is she looking at me like I just committed murder?

"Yes sis, I don't have anything scheduled today, so I guess I overslept."

He guesses because he didn't bother to look at the clock hanging off the wall in his living room.

His sister smiles, seemingly satisfied with the answer.

Meanwhile, his niece Nirin begins squirming around in her mother's arms, stretching her arms towards Off.

Off smiles at her sweetly, gently carrying her in his arms. His sister smiles at the sight.

"So what can I help you with sis?" Off asks his smiling sister, wondering why she was here in the first place.

His sister looks at him with a pleading expression and Off's sleep ridden mind suddenly becomes alert.

Oh no. She's going to ask me for something.

"And you won't be able to refuse."

His mind interjects helpfully.

He sighs, waiting for the next words to fall out from her mouth, his fate already written in stone.

"Off", she begins. "Can you please babysit Nirin for a week?"

Now it was Off's turn to look at her like she just asked him to commit murder.

What? Babysit?

ME?!

His sister continues to explain, noticing that her brother's facial features are twisted in a terribly uncomfortable manner.

"I know it's your one week break from work, but please do this for me, you know I wouldn't ask you if this wasn't urgent."

Off sighs again, not knowing how to reply to that.

His sister waits for any sign of confirmation from him, a simple nod or even a "hmm" would do.

Off's mind goes into an intense brainstorming session, trying to create the perfect excuse to refuse this babysitting offer.

Except, there was none.

He was off work this week, his long awaited break in a while, but since he doesn't have work, all the more reason that he couldn't refuse.

So he does the only thing he can do now, he nods.

His sister immediately beams at him, happy and satisfied.

She magically pulls out two bags from behind her and hands it to Off.

"Nirin's dresses and everything that you will need to take care of her are in here."

Off stares at her unbelievably.

Why do I feel like I've been tricked?

It's like she knew I would agree.

"Thank you so much Off!" she smiles sweetly and waves happily to her daughter.

"Nirin, be a good girl and don't trouble your uncle too much okay?"

Nirin cooes happily, and Off desperately hopes that the little one understands what her mother just said, and not the opposite.

After bidding goodbye to his sister, Off carries Nirin and her bags into his apartment and closes the door.

Nirin seems to want to run around suddenly, so Off gently puts her down and observes her, as she explores her uncle's apartment.

He sighs. There's only one tiny problem.

He doesn't know the first thing about babysitting.

He's surprised even, that his sister trusts him with her child. He begins to realise that it must be pretty urgent, otherwise he wouldn't be here in this situation.

"Well, there's a first time for everything right?"

He says to himself.

Nirin cooes in reply from the other room.

Gun falls flat on his bed, tired after an entire day of classes.

He knew everyone said that college was exhausting, he just didn't think that it would be this time consuming.

But he wasn't planning on giving up. Thankfully, his parents let him pursue his passion- acting, so he's taking classes in college with regards to everything related to that field.

He's just about to close his eyes out of exhaustion, when a loud screech erupts from the other side of his wall.

The wall facing his neighbor.

He sighs. He thought the place was empty, but now is proven otherwise.

He tries again, closing his eyes but the noise only seems to be increasing.

He groans, brows frowning in irritation and his mind wanting nothing more but a good night's sleep.

But he realizes painfully that he's not going to get that, unless he lets his neighbour know that they're being an utter nuisance.

So he walks out of his apartment, his hand ready to ring the doorbell of his neighbour, planning to do just that.