Ch. 14

Drake and I sat in my dad's room since my room was still under renovation and we talked, a lot, it was nice to talk to him again. It was like the old days, we laughed and acted like children, there was a pause and Drake just looks at me "hey Rion remember that park we use to go to all the time when we were younger?" I look at him in confusion and say "yeah why?" " wanna go to that park and walk?" he asks I nod 'yes' and we go down stairs. "Hey dad is it okay if Drake and I go to a park we use to go to when we were little? It's not that far." He looks at the guys and they nod and he says "of course, just be careful, please. Drake watch over my daughter." "Of course sir I wouldn't let anything happen to her, I promise." with that we walked out the door and started walking it was beautiful outside, the sky blue, the sun was out and there was a breeze that felt calming.

DRAKE'S P.O.V

Rion looks so beautiful with the breeze flowing through her hair and the sun beating down on her face. I can't help but stare at her, her beauty was mesmerizing. I don't know why I ever let her slip away, she was everything to me and she still is. I can't believe I treated her so badly, all because I wanted to fit in and be with Shelby, I thought I would be happy but now that I'm spending time with Rion again I could care less about all that. When I'm with her I feel so alive, I feel like all I want to do is look at her beautiful face all day, I just want to hold her and protect her from everything. I never want to see her hurt again "Drake? Why are you looking at me like that?" Rion says which snaps me out of my trance. "Uhh. Umm nothing" I say scratching the back of my neck but to be honest I was starring at the most beautiful girl in the world, she's perfect in my eyes and right now I feel like I'm walking on air, I'm the happiest man alive right now. I'm smiling so much right now it literallty hurts, but I can't help it, her smile is so contagious and her laugh sounds like angles singing and there's something about her that is special about her that makes me like her so much actually I feel like, I love her. As we arrive at the park all the memories start to come back, I remember when Rion and I would always play hide and seek and she would always hide under the slide. I remember when Rion would always spend the night over at my house because of her dad would get drunk and always beat her, it broke my heart to see her in so much pain. In middle school we would sit in my room and I would hold her while she cried and let out all her feelings about how she just wanted to fit in and not get picked on anymore and I still remember what I told her 'fitting in is so over rated and is for losers, just be you and all will work it's self out' now look at me, everything about me was fake. I listen to punk rock, metal, and bands like Bring Me To The Horizon and Suicide Silence and leather jackets and my hair spiked up wasn't me I'd rather be wearing skinny jeans and a band t-shirt with converse or vans. I'm not happy with being the jock, this isn't me. When I'm with Rion I feel like I can be , me. I feel free and like I can finally breath with out the weight of being the best. When I'm with her everything, all my problems fade into nothing. I'm in love with my best friend. If I tell her how I feel about her I wonder what she'll say, I wonder if she likes me back but if I tell her and she doesn't like me back will things be awkward between us? What if I lose her? I can't loose her especially right now, she's all I have right now and only person that can bring out the happiness in me, after today things at school aren't going to be the same anymore and that just adds on to what's going at home.