Part one

Sunday, March 2, 1980

Point place, Wisconsin

Eric Foreman's basement

3:49pm

Another day in the basement for the friends. They were all sitting in their normal places, watching the TV. Everything has changed. Donna and Eric were having a lot of problems since Eric came back from Africa. Kelso was, surprisingly, mostly dedicated to Betsy. Fez was well Fez. and Jackie and Hyde. They were worse than ever.

"I missed being here," Eric said, trying to break the silence.

"Maybe you shouldn't have left in the first place," Donna said, she stood up and stormed off. Eric followed her.

"Now that the squares are gone, Jackie, who was the best in bed, between us three?" Kelso asked. Fez, Hyde, and Jackie all looked at him quickly.

What the hell was his problem? Jackie thought. I knew the answer but I couldn't say it. It hurt to even think about it. I didn;t want him to be the best. He hurt me.

"What?" Jackie asked, annoyed.

"Who was the best at, you know?" he asked again.

"Kelso, what is wrong with you?" Hyde asked him.

He didn't want to know. He didn't want to hear her answer because he knew it wouldn't be him. But he wanted deep down for it to be him. Looking at her hurt him. Chicago ruined whatever they had and it ruined him.

"Well I want to know, even though it was one hundred percent me," Kelso said.

"I'm not answering that!" Jackie said, standing up and crossing her arms.

"Well she can't say me cause we never did it!" Fez said, bitterly.

Why did she lie about that? He asked himself but he kept his cool exterior.

"Fez!" Jackie cried.

She didn't want Hyde to know that they didn;t do it because she wanted to make him believe that she moved on. She didn;t want to lie about her sex life but she wanted him to think that she was ok. She hated him but she still felt as if she needed to prove something to him. And she also didn't want people to know that Fez and her had a fight about that and that's why they broke up. Fez was great but Jackie was always so distant with him which is why he got mad she wouldn't do it with him, it wasn't because he was a pig.

"Well they were going to find out!" Fez said. She rolled her eyes but quickly looked to Hyde. she wanted see if he was affected by anything but he just kept the same bored face with his stupid sunglasses. God she hated those sunglasses.

"Who was the best between me and Hyde?" Kelso asked.

"Micheal stop!" she said.

"I would like to know," Fez said with his dirty smile. Jackie threw a pillow at him.

She couldn't say it. She couldn't give him the satisfaction.

"Kelso you're a freak," Hyde said.

"Thank you," Kelso said with a stupid smile.

"You are such an idiot," Jackie said.

She was hot when she was mad. Wait, he couldn't think that.

"Damn Jackie! Just answer!" Kelso said.

"Fine," she said standing up. "Hyde was the best in bed. Well, are you happy!" she snapped. Kelso let out a whine and stood up. He stumbled over his feet.

"Well you were not the best I ever had so," Kelso said storming out. Fez followed him, leaving Jackie and Hyde alone.

Why the hell did we have to be here, alone. I couldn't stand this chick. My chick. No not my chick. Not anymore. Ihe thought. Hyde grabbed his newspaper and started flipping through it. He wasn't even reading but he just wanted something to look at besides her. All he wanted was for her to leave but he knew that she was much too proud to leave him the hell alone. Jackie sat down.

She remembered what they used to do when they were alone but she shook away the memories. She was tempted to leave but she also felt the need to stand her ground and stay.

"I didn't mean what I said, I just wanted Micheal to shut up," she lied.

"Whatever," he said, trying to keep his zen. She grabbed the magazine on the table and began flipping through the pages.

She could see right through the 'whatever'. She was beyond annoyed about it and she wanted to say something more but she didn't know what else to say. They hadn't talked much and the only words we exchanged were usually cold.

"You can leave," he said coldly.

"I need to find my keys," she said standing up. She started looking everywhere she could but she couldn't find anything. "I can't find them," she said standing up , putting her hand on her hips.

"Not my problem," he said.

"Actually it is, because if I can't find them, either you have to give me a ride or I stay," she said. He sighed and he put down his newspaper. She wasn't actually going to let him give her a ride, it was just a way to get him to look.

"Fine," he said. He stood up and he started looking around.

They both tried to avoid each other in their searches. They both kept sneaking looks but neither of them caught the other.  Eventually they both gave up because neither of them could find anything.

"I can't find them!" Hyde complained.

"Well I'll just walk!" Jackie said, grabbing her jacket.

He wanted to say no. oh how he wanted to say no he'll drive her. He wanted to say it's cold and it's safer to get a ride but he couldn't. He had to pretend that he didn't care at all. But he couldn;t help it. He had to insist that he give her a ride.

"Jackie, I'll just give you a ride," he said.

"No Hyde," she said. Hyde. it should be Steven. She should call him Steven. Calling him Hyde was wrong. It didn't sound right coming from her.

"Jackie, stop being stubborn and just accept the damn ride," he said.

"No!" she said. She went to go walk out of the door but out of instinct Hyde grabbed her arm. Both of their hearts stopped. She turned around and noticed the pink tint to his cheeks.

"Damnit Jackie! Just let me give you a damn ride!" he said.

"Fine," she said, crossing her arms. She grabbed her purse and then reluctantly followed him to the car.