Clearing the air

Lilith's POV

Music plays intensely through the speaker of the iPad Cody has in his clutch. I think Jon and I know that this is our song but at this point, we are just humoring him.

I see Jon cast a sideways glance at me, silently telling me that we have a song. I give a small nod as he turns to Cody. "Alright man, I think we have one."

I see him raise an eyebrow, I'm assuming at the thought of us agreeing with each other. Then he turns to me for confirmation. "Ok then. Ashley what's the song going to be?"

A smirk graced my lips, "Horns by Bryce Fox." and now it's his turn to smirk. "Ok with that song in mind Ash, I have a new aspect of your persona. Your going to be known as the queen of hell."

Hearing those words fall from his lips causes me to smile and my mind to start racing. This should be fun. Almost instantly my mind starts to race with ideas, because yeah, being essentially a female Jon Moxley is one thing, but now you've added another layer to this whole persona.

I can see that look Cody is getting from Jon just tells me that he still doesn't think I have what it takes. "What's that look for Jon, still don't think I can make it do you?" I don't even give him time to answer before I roll my eyes and walk away.

As I make my way out the door I try and decide where I should go, knowing I have a meeting later so I don't have time to go back to the hotel to get away. After a minute I decide to head to the ring and just try and focus on something else for a while.

I find myself sitting in the stands about 20 rows up with my knees tucked to my chest. Sitting there looking at everything it all feels so surreal. My life has changed so much in the past few weeks I don't even know how I've had a chance to breath.

My phone buzzed against the hard plastic of the seat putting my thoughts on hold for the time being. It's from Jon.

Jon- Where are you Ashley.... we need to talk.

I let my eyes drift over the screen a few times before I finally bring my self to reply.

-I'm in the stands. Just go to the ring you'll see me.

I hit send and wait for the man who has been plaguing my thoughts to show up beside me. I hear footsteps heading toward me but I don't bother to look... I know who it is.

I hear a sigh coming from beside me and I wait for him to talk. "You walked out to soon." That's the first thing I hear, and honestly I don't know what the hell he means by that.

Turning slowly I look at him giving myself a few more seconds to think about what he said. "What do you mean I left to soon? I wasn't gonna stand there and listen to you tell me that I don't have what it takes to make it here!" I can feel my blood start to boil in anticipation of his response. Then I see his face fall.

"I need you to listen to me, ok? If you hadn't of walked out you would have noticed that you completely misread the look on my face. I know we didn't exactly start off on the right foot but having been around you for the past few days I can tell that I underestimated you." Hearing him now I can tell that I jumped to conclusions but what else was I supposed to do.

"From day one I thought you were just gonna be another pretty face that did nothing but kiss ass and not fight. But I was wrong. So what do you say we go grab a drink and start over." As he finishes what he's saying I can't stop the flutter in my stomach at the thought of being around Jon outside of work.

Taking a deep breath I lower my knees from my chest, now standing in front of him. I guess he thought I was gonna just walk away because I can see him drop his head and slump his shoulders.

As I turn to walk away I stop mid step, "Are we gonna go grab a drink or and you gonna sit there and sulk all day?" Slowly but surely I see his head raise with a small smile on his lips.

I roll my eyes at him before walking away with a smile on my face. And saying I didn't sway my hips just a little more than normal would be a lie. But what can I say maybe I like to tease people.

We make our way through the building almost the whole way we are quiet until we make it insight of the exit. "Look I'm really am sorry for how things started off with us. I guess I didn't like the fact that someone was trying to copy my style." I nod slightly in understanding, pushing the door open.

"I know where you were coming from but you didn't look at it the right way. I chose you because you were the only person I was able to find that was real to me. You are what I think of when I think pro wrestling. Even when you were in The Shield you had your own style even being in a group. You never took shit from anyone and that was what made me choose you." I can see a look of realization flash through his eyes. I think he's starting to see it my way.

Knowing he understands where I'm coming from I let the subject drop as we get to his truck. Deciding to pick a different topic I sitch to a much lighter subject. "Um, do you mind if I ask where we're going?" He casts a sideways glace my way before smirking and looking back at the road.

"Lets just say its one of the best spots in the city and is never crowded."

--------------------------------------------------------

Oh my gosh I'm sorry that took so long. A lot has happened since I last updated and its just been really hectic. I'll try my hardest to update more often.

With love Ash 🤍