June - Honor/Sacrifice

Start from the beginning

"Something else, Hinata?"

"You... You call me if anything happens?"

"All right, but only if it's an emergence... Well, no. I didn't say that because you'll think every time I call is an emergence. And knowing you, as the mom you are-"

"Naruto..."

Rule number one; do not make her panic.

He put his hand on top of her and gave her his most beautiful smile.

"Yes, I'll call you."

Hinata finally seemed to be at peace yet, kept a sad expression at the thought of leaving the twins. But, she needed this. She had to find herself. To accept herself.

She asked for one last tight hug, holding on her sweethearts who were saying all kind of sweet words a mom loves to hear.

Yes, she was a mom but she was still a beautiful woman in any cases. It was like she was dancing while walking, her dress flying about her. On her high heels, she waved at the trio before going to her lover who just arrived by car. Ino made a small wave to Naruto. She too was radiant. And she was now his friend.

One last kiss for Boruto and Himawari. They tried to catch it and answered the same way. A 'thanks', honest and discret, was easy to read in her eyes for Naruto. She smiled to him. Then, Hinata disappeared after having kissing Ino.

Their heart was full with happiness.

Everything was fine.

Since she was fine.

"So, who wants an ice cream cone?" Naruto asked with a childish look.

"Me! Me!" they both said.

Going ahead of him, they ran to the ice cream shop with eyes as shiny as the sun before all the ice-cream cones. Summer was coming. So was snack time. Plus, Naruto loved to spoiled them when it was his turn to take care of them. It was a good deal he found with Hinata when they signed the divorce papers, one month ago. When it was done, a feeling of peace filled the room and his ex-wife's eyes.

And he hadn't any regrets.

They were still friends. A friendship he was cherishing today after all the difficulties they had been through in the past. Now, he was a single dad with two beautiful twins who were pulling each sides of his t-shirt.

They were so impatient...

Always there to stop his thoughts.

Arms on the desk, they almost had saliva on the corner of their lips.

"I want chocolate!" Boruto exclaimed.

"Please dad, can I have strawberry."

'Dad' he loved that word. It always warmed his heart.

Happy, he laughed before looking at the employee, watching his children with a smile. In a pink and white blousy t-shirt, she replaced a lock of her brown hair, which had slipped from her loose bun, behind her ear. Her green eyes were laughing because of the two little and excited monsters

His two little monsters.

"They're really good at this." He tried to explain their behaviour because she seemed touched.

They were Namikaze after all.

"They're so sweet" she said with a soft voice. "How old are they?"

"Eight."

"Fraternal twins eh? Isn't it too hard in everyday life?"

He shrugged, trying to keep his composure.