Chapter 12

The day passed slowly but as the sunset Alice sat on the her balcony, singing softly. She stared off as the song ended, 'just another year of being stuck in this place then I'm free.' A window creaked open to her right, Theo was cringing as his hand left the window. He looked over at Alice, "Sorry last time I opened it it didn't make a sound." He rubbed the back of his neck and mumbled something about trying to fix it to himself.

'He's actually not that bad looking,' the thought popped into Alice's head before quickly being shoved down into the pits of hell, or in this case her stomach. It flipped as she looked at his puzzled face, 'stop it, you basically just met. Besides he's supposed to be your new FRIEND.' 

"You really do have a nice voice," he said while leaning on an elbow. "Is that the kind of club you're in?" She arched an eyebrow at him, before remembering she told him she was in a club but not which one. "No, I'm in the archery club. I have crippling stage fright so I could never knowingly sing in front of people." 

"That sucks, I think more people should hear your voice. It might even change their minds about you being part demon." She laughed at that, Theo watched in awe, "What?" her giggles coming to an end when she realized he was staring at her. 

"I just realized, even though we have all the same classes I don't think I've heard you laugh in one of them. Let alone smile." She smirked at that, "well there's nothing for me to laugh about in classes. Besides my friends and I don't have any classes in common so the only time I really laugh is after school when I can see them."

"That seems lonely though." His comment struck deeper than Alice anticipated. "You get used to it," she had turned back to the now darkening sky hoping nothing in her voice gave away how she really felt. "I'll be meeting up with my friends tomorrow, you can come with us if you want." She changed the subject hoping he'd wouldn't press the previous topic. 'I'll get to prove to Kuma and Chie that I've made a new friend, ensuring free food whenever we go out from now on.' 

"Sure, that sounds fun," he smiled softly at Alice causing her stomach to flip again. 'I'll have to keep this feeling in check.'